• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO1 Tank Map To Carry Over?

RO1 Tank Map To Carry Over?

• Black Day July

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Orel

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other (tell us what your choice is!)

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Trogdor

Feb 19, 2007
Ok RO1 tankers, what would be your choice of map to port over to RO2? BDJ and Orel are the obvious ones, but I will put in an "other" choice - if you have another choice please vote for other and post what your favorite is. :IS2: be with you!

Last edited:
I agree, but there was discussion earlier of carrying over an old map from RO1 as new RO2 tank maps don't seem to be on the horizon, so I was wondering what people would choose for that as I think there are modders willing to do the work.
There were not any tank battle maps in RO1 around the Stalingrad area? Quite an oversight if there were not.

Upvote 0
hi all i cannot wait for the new tankmaps for RO2 when they come out but how/ will you install the new maps into the game?? which folder etc.... :confused:

All new maps introduced by Tripwire will install automatically when you start up Steam.

Any new modded maps you encounter on the server browser will install automatically when you join the server running them.

Upvote 0
The Stalingrad campaign had 2 parts: the "trap", the urban fighting that took all the epic, and "Operation Uranus", the biggest troop encirclement operation in history, that was the main proposal of it, with Tchuikov and his heroes winning time until the trap was close...
In that encirclement huge mechanized movements took part, and several armoured attemps by panzer and german motorized divisions were made...
All those armoured battles took place in open steppes...

Upvote 0
Arad - the Axis tanks we have at the moment are easily beaten for speed by the much faster T34, so on larger maps like Orel or even BDJ. the T34 would easily get to the cap zones first, and hold them long before the Axis could get there.
Some people may like that, but i prefer to have cap zones where both teams have an equal chance of getting to and capping at the same time. Arad would be just such a map although i still think the T34 would win the race, at least the Axis would have a chance of preventing them from capping, whereas in BDJ. the Allies with the faster tank, would already be there waiting.
Whatever map got converted would need to take into account that the T34 is a good bit faster than the Panzer, and the maps would have to be balanced by perhaps moving the Axis spawns closer to the cap zones.
I would include Ogledow,Barashka,Bonderarevo,Kryukovo,Mannikala,Rakowice or Hedgehog, but the question was about tank maps, and not combined arms maps.
I don't really care if the map is historically accurate or not, its the gameplay thats important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All new maps introduced by Tripwire will install automatically when you start up Steam.

Any new modded maps you encounter on the server browser will install automatically when you join the server running them.

No they won't, downloading from the server would take forever, you will need a redirect site for custom maps.
Don't forget that custom map files for HoS could be much much larger than Ostfront maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0