• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-TulaOutskirts_b5 New public beta.

Very cool map. Thanks.

I had just two little suggestions:

-- Camoflage on bunkers should be changed. If the trees are holding snow, so should the cut tree branches. Right now, the trees are white but the bunker camoflage cover is green.

-- German side of the valley should maybe be a little rougher, with more irregular terrain. The snipers have only a few limited spots where they can get the gun stabilized. That made it easy for me as a Russian to climb the Russian left hill and bag sniper after sniper at ... 400m? with a low-powered sub-machine gun. I knew where they would have to be.

Upvote 0
I just played the map on Core's UK Server. I think it's quite good, but 3 things immediately sprung up:

1. The lightning just doesn't feel right. I can't point it out, but somehow the combination of skybox, lightning and textures just doesn't seem to fit.
2. I tried 3 foxholes as a Russian Rifleman, and couldn't find a way to get my gun rested at all. That should be possible.
3. The little trench just outside of the Russian last spawn has a little hill or mound right in front of it, making it impossible to see or shoot any germans advancing through that little depression right in front of it. They just pop up 3 metres in front of you. Nobody would build a trench that way in real life I think.

But other wise great map. FPS is a little low, but I can turn off AA and AF and it's almost smooth ;-)

Looking forward to the final version :)

Upvote 0
I saw one more thing, playing today as a Russian.

It's possible for the Germans to go for the right flank of the final objective and effectively ... not quite camp the spawn itself, but camp the inevitable tunnel that people Russians have to come through after spawning.

I don't know if it's possible to have more than one spawnpoint for Russians, or alternating spawnpoints. If not, ignore this, and we'll hope maybe players and administrators begin frowning on it.

Upvote 0