• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO and UT2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggaknot

Feb 24, 2006
I did a search but came up with nothing. Was just looking at the new GamePro and saw a feature on UT2007. The graphics are amazing to say the least, same as Gears of War I beleive. I am assuming that RO will be making this transition? Anyone know when UT2007 is being released?

Lambos are rubbish all that uneeded electroinc crap, a lotus is where its at. The handeling is insainly good they can out manover an apache (as seen on topgear using the british modified Apache which out performs the american in every way and a lotus exige). 200 BHP out of a 2 litre engine in a half ton monster. No american car manufacturer (or itallian for that matter) is good at tuning it take a 4 litre V8 to get over 200bhp (alot of brits love to laugh about it).

Upvote 0
dickybird said:
Lambos are rubbish all that uneeded electroinc crap, a lotus is where its at. The handeling is insainly good they can out manover an apache (as seen on topgear using the british modified Apache which out performs the american in every way and a lotus exige). 200 BHP out of a 2 litre engine in a half ton monster. No american car manufacturer (or itallian for that matter) is good at tuning it take a 4 litre V8 to get over 200bhp (alot of brits love to laugh about it).

whatever :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
MILK said:
I think when 50.000 copies will be sold devs will be happy :) when 100.000 copies will be sold devs will start with new version on U3 engine :D and when 200.000 copies will be sold than maybe we will se announcement of new RO:HellOnEarth...:eek: and after 500.000 date of release will be announced from shiny brand new Lamborghiny :cool:

I would be very very very surprised if RO sells 50k copies. I mean, I would also be happy for devs, because I support independent gaming companies *by design* but I don't think 50k is realistic.

By some of my calculations around 70-80k people, max, play COD2 online. COD2 being BY FAR the most popular WW2 shooter, NO MATTER what you may think about it (Personally I think it is very good but as I say it does not matter if it's good or bad - it is popularity that matters for purposes of this post.) Just start All Seeing Eye and do some math.

Now, assuming my math is generally correct, and each and every COD2 online player buys RO that's 70-80k copies sold. Fine, but it will never happen. Considering RO is much more demanding, more realistic (= less popular, I am afraid) and it does not have a single player component (it is safe to assume SP component was motive to buy even for those that now play online), I don't think it can reach 20, perhaps 30k copies max.

I sincerely hope this numbers would be OK for devs as well, and I do hope they manage to out-do this estimate, but I am usually always right because I am so smart (LOL this last part is a joke) :D

Oleg

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
I would be very very very surprised if RO sells 50k copies. I mean, I would also be happy for devs, because I support independent gaming companies *by design* but I don't think 50k is realistic.

By some of my calculations around 70-80k people, max, play COD2 online. COD2 being BY FAR the most popular WW2 shooter, NO MATTER what you may think about it (Personally I think it is very good but as I say it does not matter if it's good or bad - it is popularity that matters for purposes of this post.) Just start All Seeing Eye and do some math.

Now, assuming my math is generally correct, and each and every COD2 online player buys RO that's 70-80k copies sold. Fine, but it will never happen. Considering RO is much more demanding, more realistic (= less popular, I am afraid) and it does not have a single player component (it is safe to assume SP component was motive to buy even for those that now play online), I don't think it can reach 20, perhaps 30k copies max.

I sincerely hope this numbers would be OK for devs as well, and I do hope they manage to out-do this estimate, but I am usually always right because I am so smart (LOL this last part is a joke) :D

Oleg

while i understand the logic of your math it is somewhat flawed.

RO will not just appeal to players of CoD, but also players of Realistic shooters like AA, OFP...there are also many BF2 players who dont play CoD2, but are interested in RO coz they enjoy vehicular combat...

It is also being advertised on steam which has millions of users worldwide and at a 1/3rd of the cost of CoD2 it is more likely to be bought impulsively.

I could go on, but I dont think any of us here really has a good idea how many units will be sold...only the Devs will have done their market research thoroughly enough to have a good guesstimate...

This is also the kind of game which will sell in years to come, because of its realistic multiplayer focus....so initial sales figures really dont mean much either imo

Upvote 0
Oleg said:

Oleg
This is true. Some people don't like realism games at all so they play CoD. Others will play both, some will avoid CoD 2 like the plague (where's that patch :(). Sometimes they have never heard of RO! Which is very very unfortionate (sp).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.