• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad RO and Teamwarfare League

I can see the point of moving to bigger seas with clan playing, but I must say if we want some promonational value or visibility or attractiviness or bigger competion really it's not TWL it's CB. TWL is a tiny little salt bit at sea like roladder when comparing it to Clanbase. No offence. Though I'm not saying it's bad that TWL having ladder also, but I would much likely seeing this major support at CB if we'r talking about big fishes. It's kinda standart for clan playing. Atleast for me TWL was kinda "never heard" even though i've clan played since 99. CB has been there since and longer. My mention wasn't to step on TWLs feet I'm just pointing out that why not support even bigger(biggest)?

http://www.clanbase.com/ladderpetition_vote.php?lpid=6068

... and plus Im only seeing NA ladders on TWL. That's really bad since EU clan playing scene has been even little bit bigger than NA to this day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 8v8 and 12v12 NA ladders are open for signups. The 8v8 EU ladder is also open for signups (with a 12v12 EU to follow soon). We also plan a powerladder to open soon after the others for play.

Murhis - I'd love to see the numbers for CB. I only recently heard of it and I've been with TWL for 2 1/2 years. We now have 500,000 players on nearly 77,000 teams, playing 91 games, on almost 200 ladders & leagues. I'd hardly call that small. Besides, we aren't trying to say that players shouldn't play on any other ladders/leagues. We are just offering them ours. We have been lucky enough to have the full support of the developers and have been working on this venture since Janurary.

Upvote 0
Succubus|TWL said:
The 8v8 and 12v12 NA ladders are open for signups. The 8v8 EU ladder is also open for signups (with a 12v12 EU to follow soon). We also plan a powerladder to open soon after the others for play.

Nice. Btw. about rules and admins I really hope there going to be on charge some RO oldskool guy who knows something about RO and matching. ie. IMO it would be waste to do completely new rules next to roladder since they'r experienced as good ones after development.

Powerladder? What's that?

Succubus|TWL said:
Murhis - I'd love to see the numbers for CB. I only recently heard of it and I've been with TWL for 2 1/2 years. We now have 500,000 players on nearly 77,000 teams, playing 91 games, on almost 200 ladders & leagues. I'd hardly call that small. Besides, we aren't trying to say that players shouldn't play on any other ladders/leagues. We are just offering them ours. We have been lucky enough to have the full support of the developers and have been working on this venture since Janurary.

"ClanBase: the leading international meeting place and competition organizer for online gamers playing Halflife 2, Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament, Call of Duty, Wolfenstein ET, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 2 and many many more!
In short, it's a free system, founded by gamers in 1998, and since then constantly updated and improved by gamers, currently (july 2005) serving over a million active members and 190.000 clans doing 55.000 matches a month!
There are hundreds of admins helping to make it all happen: referees, judges, cup supervisors, ladder supervisors, news writers and programmers. The core of admins is called the
ClanBase Crew." http://www.clanbase.com/welcome.php

The biggest fish as I knew it already. Well like I said it's not bad that you'r having ladder but IMO main support should goto Clanbase since it's the biggest and the most known one.

Upvote 0
murhis - The fact is that Clanbase is not supporting this game right now. They haven't taken the time or effort for this game that TWL has. We do have many players input as well as input from the devs and testers. We are in constant communication with them to help our rules development. We will also always work with our teams to make our ladders the best they can be. What we won't be doing is "copying" another competition sites ladders or rules. TWL always strives for community based gaming and what I expect from my admins is to work closely with that community. :)

Upvote 0
Succubus|TWL said:
TWL always strives for community based gaming and what I expect from my admins is to work closely with that community. :)
Which is what we're allways trying to do.

Hey all,

To shortly introduce myself. I'm Muisje^ and as of today I am the European Ladder Admin for Red Orchestra at TeamWarfare.
I'll be handling the 8v8 and 12v12 ladders which have opened for signups and will become open for competition as soon as 15 teams have signed up.

Hope seeing you guys on our ladders, be sure to visit our forums and #twl_ro on IRC. If you have any questions regarding the European ladders, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], or find me on IRC.

Greetings,

Muisje^

Upvote 0
Yeah even in former RO 6on6 started to be too few or not speaking about new one. ie. every tank either mixed map wouldn't work for sure and what's the point to do zillion different ladders when player/clanbase isn't enough yet.

This was the point which I were talking about to have admins who _KNOW_ something about matching and RO general. This 5on5 pretty much showed up this knowledge...

8on8 -> 12on12 would be quite optimal

Upvote 0
Murhis - As stated in the post at that link, many players were asking for a smaller 5v5 infantry only ladder. Since TWL strives to create community based gaming, we listened and opened one. Only time will tell if it will work or not. As I stated before, we do have people who know the game quite well (even better than you do, believe it or not) who we talk to when setting up our ladders and other offerings. I realize that you love Clanbase but really, you've said what you wanted to say and I feel like all you're doing is trying to muddy TWL's good name with your constant negativity.

Upvote 0
TWL have been really supportive of ostfront and seem very keen to do a great job of running ladders for clans. They seem to know just the right questions to ask when it comes to making sure everything goes well and I expect their launch on RO to be a success.

They have done their research before setting up the rules to make sure everything goes well.

Upvote 0
I think its good that we are going to have more than one ladder and will be looking to play in TWL as well as ROLadder, but 5v5 is not a very good idea imo. I would be very surprised if people asking for 5v5 matches had played the mod for any amount of time. 6v6 really was too small for most matches.

8v8 is where you want to be.

This is just my view point though and we have played 250+ matches combined on the ladder and friendlies and the 6v6 matches were definately the less memorable.

Upvote 0
The 5v5 ladder was created due to the community asking for a ladder of that size, now I don't want to say that that's the point of view for the entire community, as other enjoy larger ladders better. But those are available too, as the 8v8 and 12v12 still stand and are open for signups. But for the people who do enjoy the smaller teamsizes there is now also the option of joining the 5v5 ladder.

With that said, the European 5v5 Infantry Ladder is now opened for signups too.

Upvote 0