• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Requesting a Mutator

I participate in a realism campaign where players get only 1 life per round. So in most games, the round ends with one team having all been killed rather than with objectives taken or time running out. After someone gives a msg saying "we're all dead"; we either have an admin restart the map or take a couple minutes to cap all the objectives, starting the next round.

We use the ROMapVariableConfiguration mutator to multiply the spawn time to longer than the round duration atm, which is a bit clumsy in practice.

I need a mutator that allows me to change reinforcements via webadmin. For example, in a 16 vs 16 realism match where we're playing with one life only ... I could award only 16 lives to each side, so once they're all dead the map would end with reinforcements depleted as usual. In a larger linear attack map like Berezina or BDJ, we could play in a 5 or 10 life match with 80 or 160 lives awarded per side respectively.

Whoever can make this mutator will get kudos from me and my homies and a token $10 or €/

Last edited:
I did some googling and found that the developer who made the MutROMapVariables mutator is Tzefanya frome the tacticalgamer.com community. He's no longer active in those forums and the only contact information posted is an xfire username that hasn't been used recently. ... All the links are dead too. So, unfortunately that's not an option. but ... his approach was a bit flawed since it has you set modifiers for the map values that are already set. If you wanted to play a 1 life per round game with 16 vs 16. You would have to know the reinforcement values for both sides. ... and let's say the Axis has 330 reinforcements and you want it to be 16, the modifier would then be 0.0484848... repeating. If you can set the map values by themselves as opposed to multiples or fractions of the standard it'd work simply and the outcome would be predictable.

Upvote 0