• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Request] Wiki Documentation

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
The following could use more explaining and documentation of the actual process.

- Destructible Lights and Objects
- Specific pathing scenarios like jumping over and down from objects, actual pathing examples.
- How to setup the screenshot image for server use
- How to animate and move objects like you guys have going on in BioticsLab with the meshes in the cell and etc...

OP: Can you elaborate on your wiki requests? For example, there isn't really a particular "way" that we uniquely build paths for KF2 than any other UE3 title that uses PathNodes.

Specifically just the getting Zeds to Jump over barriers that they usually can't get over, unless thats not possible.

For the lights an objects, just a step by step process of setting them up with the destroy mods and how you can edit the health and adjust particle effects. Also which items can be setup to be destructible or the items that you have ready to be used for this purpose. I know we can go into the example and look at all of it but showing us the process goes a long way.

In Biotics lab you have those Zeds' moving in the cells and bodies moving on the the tracks. Generally showing the process of how you guys made the background more lively with stuff like this and the background in Paris, and outpost would help the community modders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll chime in and mention that using the AKevents for the existing sound library needs explained. I currently have several spark and fire particle emitters in my map and cannot link any sounds to them.

I know we can make our own sound cues and stuff but I was wanting to use the high quality stuff you guys at TWI already provided.

Upvote 0