• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove the MKB, AVT and G41 from classic mode

Just this past weekend on the Military Channel - World at War: Stalingrad The MKB was seen in the documentary. :IS2:
With the quality of History and Military Channel programming over the last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an AK seen in it too. A lot of the time they scrounge for filler clips that most people wouldn't pick up on, either due to a lack of proper source material or to make it more 'interesting'.

I'd certainly be interested in seeing that particular clip, though.

Upvote 0
The MKB42 is fine as a hero’s weapon. The G41 was also, while a bit un-common, used. At least when it was warm enough to use it…
'A bit uncommon' in the sense that it was issued on a one-per-platoon basis, if at all. A team in a full 64-player server is roughly platoon sized. The G 41 with ZF 41 was even rarer, to the point where your average soldier would be lucky if he saw one, period - let alone within his own unit. The G 41 with ZF 4 didn't even exist in any form, let alone the one seen ingame - as I have already posted about, and got no official reply about. Big surprise there.

The G41 kinda needs to be in the game to provide a match to the SVT. Yes I know "boo game balances" and all that, but I facking hate going after an SVT weilding Russian hero with a bolt-action rifle.
Fill the gap with captured SVTs, just like the Germans did during the war - it was a far and away superior rifle and they were treasured prizes, much like the PPSh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, take a G 41 to the range and it will perform admirably - put it on a battlefield with lots of mud, grit, and adverse weather, and you run into trouble. Early Garands also used gas traps, and had similar reliability issues (I believe the reasoning was mostly that crotchety old generals were worried that a gas port would ruin accuracy and clog easily).

The G 41 (M) is a fascinating weapon as well, though I'm not sure I'd want to see it in the game (perhaps as a single weapon on one map, as they were very rare). Strange layout, but some very complex fine machining went into them. Again, though, not exactly a weapon you'd want on a battlefield.

Upvote 0
AVT and G-41 should pretty much be a hero weapon if involved at all in the game-type. There is one picture from Stalingrad where an EK2 holder has one. Also, the AVT was around, but it was such a piece of **** (much like the G-41) that it was sparingly used and possibly even scrapped if your superior wouldn't jump down your throat for wasting government property. :p

Check the foreground. Man is crouching. This picture has a lot of treasure troves of information if you know where to look and pick apart what you're seeing.
rrgegergege.jpg

Upvote 0
Check the foreground. Man is crouching. This picture has a lot of treasure troves of information if you know where to look and pick apart what you're seeing.
I knew I recognised that building... it's the tractor factory hall. I have many fond RO1 memories of being hacked to pieces by DPs and riflemen in its upstairs windows.

Date: 15 October 1942
Unit Shown: 9./Inf.Rgt.578 (305.Inf.Div.)
Credit: (Eckle) AKG 74819

Caption: The photos on this page appears in countless books but they are never correctly labelled. They were taken by a soldier, Hans Eckle, and show Leutnant Klaus Vogt's 9. Kompanie from Oberst Willi Winzer's Inf.Rgt.578 inside the grounds of the Tractor Factory. A group of assault guns move up on the left. In the rear is the factory's main gate and technical buildings. The building on the right is a workhall containing forges and other stamping machinery.

Another taken shortly after

zZ5XR.jpg

Date: 15 October 1942
Unit Shown: 9./Inf.Rgt.578
Credit: (Eckle) AKG 74818

Caption: The attack began at 7:00 hours. The Luftwaffe had been bombing the factory since 0630 hours, concentrating on the northern part and the housing settlement tp the east. When the infantry moved out, the artillery opened up a rolling barrage in front of them, shifting forward 50 metres every 2 minutes. The main target was "Friedrich" (code word for the northern hall of the factory). Winzer's orders were simple: "Storm the northern part of the factory with the main effort placed on the boundary with 14. Pz.Div. and push through to the Volga." These two photos were taken right on the boundary, thus showing that these men were at the spearhead of the attack. The regiment fulfiled its mission and Oberst Winzer's "circumspection and personal bravery" earned him the Knight's Cross.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0