• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove Cover Icon

Launching the game the first time will add a setting, HUDTipsLevel, to ROGame.ini. Changing this will reduce the amount of text tips that appear on the HUD (0 - All Tips, 1 - Moderate Tips, 2 - Few Tips). Looking for feedback and later on we may add it as a menu option.

Will reduce hint tips. So far we have not heard much feedback from the community on this.

Upvote 0
Launching the game the first time will add a setting, HUDTipsLevel, to ROGame.ini. Changing this will reduce the amount of text tips that appear on the HUD (0 - All Tips, 1 - Moderate Tips, 2 - Few Tips). Looking for feedback and later on we may add it as a menu option.

Will reduce hint tips. So far we have not heard much feedback from the community on this.

Cheers Yosh.

Having this as an option in game would be nice, but as you said there doesn't seem to be much community demand, and even I would prefer other stuff to be worked on at this point than little touches like this.

Upvote 0
Cheers Yosh.

Having this as an option in game would be nice, but as you said there doesn't seem to be much community demand, and even I would prefer other stuff to be worked on at this point than little touches like this.

I think most simply don't know about it yet, and since there's more pressing concerns (snapping into cover when you want to pick up ammo/supply etc) there's not much talk about it.

Upvote 0

You guys should just go ahead and make it optional, why wait? In that way everyone's preference is their's for the choosing in an appropriately easy solution.

If not then it'll simply just come up again sometime in the future eventually.

Upvote 0

Personally I'm all in favor of it being a menu option. The icons are helpful the first few times people play the game, but after that they start to become annoying -- especially the cover icon.

It would also be cool if we could tweak the HuD transparency like in RO1 for those that want the middle ground of having indicators without them visually blocking gameplay.

Reactions: Apos and TravisT
Upvote 0

The more options, the better. You know it :)

Upvote 0
The cover icon is a useful thing to have, as it lets you know when you're in range to a cover object, and when you're in position to mantle. Hiding the icon would make mantling tight objects a major pain. Being able to hide the long string of text associated with the cover icon cured my only gripe about it, because that was useless info that cluttered up screen space used for more important info.

I haven't noticed any other text being hidden, though, so I'm not sure what else the "Few Tips" setting does.

Upvote 0

I'm using HUDTipsLevel = 2, the only difference I noticed is the text 'press to cover' is gone, and I like it being gone.

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
I tried it and it doesn't remove the icon, but only the text. I don't use it because it seems the game crash more often with this setting enabled.

Yeah I noticed this as well.

Is there any chance of getting HudTipsLevel = 3?

I.e. no extraneous icons?

I'd really like an RO:OST level of screen clutter, it really helps with immersion IMO.

Upvote 0
Personally I like the tip only because it helps me know when i need to be careful about trying to bandage or pick up a gun. I like the cover system, but I'd like a separate use and bandage key before I go removing that icon.

Also: Hehe, like the tip.

So true, god I really could use that smoke grenade laying there! I want the icons so I know if I'm against something I can get cover, not all structures are good.

Upvote 0

What about the native language menu option?

Upvote 0