• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remember when the forum was a fury over when the beta starts?

MrLebanon

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2011
on a forum
Take a look at EA's BF3 forums right now :p
Rather than give it to everyone, keys are going in "waves"
some have been waiting for 8+ hours with the promised time given out last night (+1 to TWI for not promising us a time)

And those who have gotten to play are getting many problems with the server browser and whatnot (and being spied on :p)

What's the point of this thread?
To remind everyone that ****ty releases happen quite often
and TWI is doing an A okay job IMO

2000+ que for those looking for support reps :p

Last edited:
+1

i got told by some buddies that the bf3 beta performs really bad and doesn't look that good after they finally managed to enter a server

and its even impossible to lower the quality settings in the beta

here is a performance test of a german gamer hardware mag

bencgesbf3i7hg.jpg

to put it in a nutshell that seems to show tripwires performance in a way better light

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's not forget that RO2 was clearly RUSHED to compete with this game.

I don't think that is the clear explanation, more likely since TW is a small company they made the difficult decision of A. Going over budget to work on the game a while longer or B. Risk a buggy release impacting sales.

As for anyone who doubts BF3 will be buggy, I must ask, how many BF games have you played at launch? This isn't to make up for RO2's problems, but to say that BF aren't buggy is dillusional.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for anyone who doubts BF3 will be buggy, I must ask, how many BF games have you played at launch? This isn't to make up for RO2's problems, but to say that BF aren't buggy is dillusional.

Did you play the BF2 beta? The BF3 beta is more or less as stable as the latest BF2 client, which a small miracle in itself. Granted, the beta is locked at what I guess are medium settings and Origin's browser-based backend is both a terrible idea and overloaded at the moment, but still. To liken the BF3 beta stability to RO2's beta/release is acting in bad faith. Granted, it is not without its problems but it's also not a trainwreck scenario - How would it be, with the millions being invested in it?

---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played Alpha of BF3 and now Beta, major changes from Alpha > Beta.

Anyone who says BF3 Beta is ugly, you need your eyes checked, its amazing looking for what it is and plays amazing. Single 580 runs it fine at 90FPS my friend was telling me, me and my other buddy who has 570s, we get about 60-70fps.

Runs great! craps on ro2 beta... not retail, beta..

ill still play RO2, as OP metro over and over just gets lame and boring. even with unlocks and stuff to unlock.

yet rumor is tomorrow we get Jet map!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you play the BF2 beta? The BF3 beta is more or less as stable as the latest BF2 client, which a small miracle in itself. Granted, the beta is locked at what I guess are medium settings and Origin's browser-based backend is both a terrible idea and overloaded at the moment, but still. To liken the BF3 beta stability to RO2's beta/release is acting in bad faith. Granted, it is not without its problems but it's also not a trainwreck scenario - How would it be, with the millions being invested in it?

---

Ive beta tested BF2 and BF2142 and for me an a lot of people they were horribly buggy, BF2 and 2142 are still buggy in some regards, BFBC2 didnt even have a Graphics Settings UI, I could go on..

I did not liken BF3 to RO2, I was trying to point out that some posters seem to have selective memory in regards to how buggy BF games have been. I was going on my personal experience with BF games, and drawing on them doubt that BF3 will be as perfect as some people claim it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's the point of this thread?
To remind everyone that ****ty releases happen quite often

Except this game doesnt release for another month.

So what is the actual point of this thread ?

To compare a beta which has a month left to a game thats been released for at least 2 weeks ?

Oh thats different coz TW is one man team with no arms and DICE is a big bad army of developers with a trillion dollars.

Upvote 0
Of course it is people forget this every battlefield was a bug filled game when released and many was never fixed.Bc2 has some huge game breakers that's still in its practically a disaster with black screen and exploits very common.The main reason people give this game such a hard time is its difficulty and the fact that people is getting their a** kicked.So they come raging here on the forums.

RO actually takes some skill and some patients to learn to to effective.98% of other fps is made for the masses and its shallow gameplay is designed to let anyone that's played a fps to step in and do really good when they first play.Its funny that people is giving TWI a hard time for given them a challenge.

Upvote 0
Of course it is people forget this every battlefield was a bug filled game when released and many was never fixed.Bc2 has some huge game breakers that's still in its practically a disaster with black screen and exploits very common.The main reason people give this game such a hard time is its difficulty and the fact that people is getting their a** kicked.So they come raging here on the forums.

RO actually takes some skill and some patients to learn to to effective.98% of other fps is made for the masses and its shallow gameplay is designed to let anyone that's played a fps to step in and do really good when they first play.Its funny that people is giving TWI a hard time for given them a challenge.

fanboy much?

I do better in this game than any other FPS i played, it doesnt take more skill than any other FPS games, in fact because there is no real counter to camping doorways and stuff its easy kills, whereas in games like BC2, there is hard counters for campers such as destruction and spotting. Add to that its the game that has crashed the most ever, out of any game i can recall. And the stats system still is in no sign of being fixed in the near future, months at least. Thats the real reason people are pissed off not because this game is "hard".

Upvote 0
+1

i got told by some buddies that the bf3 beta performs really bad and doesn't look that good after they finally managed to enter a server

and its even impossible to lower the quality settings in the beta

here is a performance test of a german gamer hardware mag

bencgesbf3i7hg.jpg

to put it in a nutshell that seems to show tripwires performance in a way better light
What are you on about? I'm running the beta at 60fps on a single GTX570 all high and AO off. You can adjust gfx settings aswell, but you need to restart the engine for them to take effect

Upvote 0