• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reloading SMG's

Direct

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Toronto, Canadaland
After looking at the new screenshots and finding out about the MP40 with dual mags and PPSh with a drum and box magazines im wondering how we will reload the sub-machine guns.

Will it be in order from largest capacity to smallest?

My idea was to multi-use the reload button,

e.g. If you tap the button it will load a PPSh box or one magazine (for the MP40)

If you hold the button the soldier will load a drum magazine or both magazines (for the MP40)

Again, depending on how the system works, we may be selecting how the class is kitted out to customize weight distribution. I'm imagining something like we have now, just with more options. (magazines, grenades, and other stuff instead of just different weapons)

In that respect, it may be totally up to the player which magazines are used.

Upvote 0
After looking at the new screenshots and finding out about the MP40 with dual mags and PPSh with a drum and box magazines im wondering how we will reload the sub-machine guns.

Will it be in order from largest capacity to smallest?

My idea was to multi-use the reload button,

e.g. If you tap the button it will load a PPSh box or one magazine (for the MP40)

If you hold the button the soldier will load a drum magazine or both magazines (for the MP40)

Do you also mean the reloading order of full to almost empty mags? Or just drums to normal mags?

Upvote 0
It would be nice to have the option to choose which to spawn with/use first between drums or stick mags, but it seems like a lot of work for not much of an advantage.

The Russians typically had a drum in their PPSH with stick mags... so it would be logical to spawn with the drum inserted.

However I am not even sure if you can use both drums and stick mags at the same time. I belive you start with stick mags and have the option to unlock drums.

Upvote 0