• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Reinstate David Bateson as Agent 47 in Hitman Absolution

Look, I am a massive Hitman fan, I've played these games more than what is healthy, no doubt. Thing is, the voice acting always sucked. David Bateson has a very easily identifiable voice, but that doesn't make him right. 47 as a character is highly overrated. He is iconic, as is David Bateson's voice, but 47 is an awful shallow character with nothing interesting going on. If you were to actually look at the Hitman story arc and map out the characters' history and motivations you get something that is only pitiful and dreadfully boring.

The Hitman movie is a massive turd that strays away from game canon in almost every possible way, but I'm afraid I have to concede that the film is more ambitious and inspired than the game series. They desperately tried to bring some meat into the empty imagery from the games and the end result was a modest and entirely forgettable (if not a little confusing) film.

What is it really that brings us to play the Hitman games with such fanatic dedication? It is the style. The Hitman games are 100% style and pop culture references, no substance or depth. Again, make sure you understand: I love this game series, and I say these seemingly negative things about it. I love it because it is a cavalcade of clich

Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
Look, I am a massive Hitman fan, I've played these games more than what is healthy, no doubt. Thing is, the voice acting always sucked. David Bateson has a very easily identifiable voice, but that doesn't make him right. 47 as a character is highly overrated. He is iconic, as is David Bateson's voice, but 47 is an awful shallow character with nothing interesting going on. If you were to actually look at the Hitman story arc and map out the characters' history and motivations you get something that is only pitiful and dreadfully boring.
You are looking at 47 in the wrong way, the games are not about him as he is a little more than a murdering McGuffin that's dropped into these peoples lives, its the victim's lives that are interesting not the cold assassin and they got that wrong for the movie...

Did "Hitman: Codename 47" have voice acting? I don't think it did.
Hitman: Codename 47 Mission #1 - Kowloon Triads in Gang War - YouTube

Upvote 0

The Hitman movie is a massive turd that strays away from game canon in almost every possible way, but I'm afraid I have to concede that the film is more ambitious and inspired than the game series. They desperately tried to bring some meat into the empty imagery from the games and the end result was a modest and entirely forgettable (if not a little confusing) film.

What is it really that brings us to play the Hitman games with such fanatic dedication? It is the style. The Hitman games are 100% style and pop culture references, no substance or depth. Again, make sure you understand: I love this game series, and I say these seemingly negative things about it. I love it because it is a cavalcade of clich

Upvote 0