• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding performance

For those of you with AMD crossfire setups that are seeing a performance decrease instead of increase, it is due to the game being CPU bound.

Our plans on performance improvements include lower the the cpu usage. This should result in more people seeing an increase in their frames. Until then, please disable crossfire for RO 2.

Wait a second, I thought Alan ( or someone ) said the game was GPU bound?

Upvote 0
honestly i dont know what everyone's complaining about, got everything on full, even antialiasing, 1920x1080 at 60fps. and i have that, because i spent a lot of money on my computer so i would have that.

i don't often agree with what rammjaeger says but he's definitely right on this, people are so used to console rehashes of the same game built on the same engine, with the same specs, and console rehashes on pc, that when a game comes along that requires the latest gen stuff, people don't know what's hit them.

IMO people just need to man the f(is-2) up.

Reactions: blkmgc and Centy
Upvote 0
But honestly I think it's a little self-assured to dismiss claims that the game could have run better for the visual fidelity by saying you might not like 'our style'.

I think you need to read it again, because that isn't what John was saying :)

"I can run game X better" = "Game X uses more detail up close, less detail far away"

"Game X looks better than RO2" = "Game X focuses more on individual detail, RO2 focuses on genuine distance and range"

Seriously - RO2 draws things at far distances that are STILL high quality (as much as possible with a few pixels) - other FPS games categorically do NOT do this. They render excess detail up close, combined with much lower detail at distance. You simply cannot focus on objects at 200-300m+ in most FPS games - there either isn't anything detailed there due to distance rendering limits, or the map is sized small enough to ensure you never see such a mix of near and far detail.

IMO, RO2 packs in far more detail than say MW3 - AND looks better :) MW3 really looks like crap to me. BF3 looks far nicer - but also lacks the detail RO2 has in it's distance rendering. Look closely - the evidence is right there to be compared.

Upvote 0
Thank you!
Ho has any ideas and sugestions on how to play on my pc with a medium fps of 30 until patch release and not with 20 fps like now(runs like...l) i apriciate,i'm out of ideas!My PC:
Mothenboard:Asus A780LM-S
Procesor:AMD Athlon X2 640 Quad Core
Video card:GTX 460 1GB 256 Biti
Ram: 4 GB

Upvote 0
my q9550 is starting to show its age thats for sure

Well... you may have evidence of this, I'm not sure. But honestly - the Q9550 is still a cracking good processor. I upgraded my E6600 to a Q8300 earlier this year, and it's a powerhouse in comparison :) An i7 would obviously be stronger, but I question the real value of upgrading what you currently have. I don't imagine many games would be stressing the Q9550 to it's maximum.

Reactions: Tweek
Upvote 0