• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Recommended place to buy dedicated servers used

mallic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 17, 2009
Looking to buy something used with an e3, i5, or i7 to purchase that will be good enough to run a 64 slot server since my current server does not cut it for RS2. Anyone know a good place that does prebuilt servers or used servers? Dell, HP, and Lenovo are all pretty expensive for new and Supermicro is aids to sort through.

Rivimies

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2013
I have one server computer for sale. It is the one [rs2.fi] used for running [rs2.fi] Komppania Törni servers, but we have now moved to another computer, not because of the server power but due to ISP changes.

i7-4770K clocked to 4.3 (multiplier clocked only, no voltage change, so it is 100% stable)
Asus Z-87K motherboard (no bells and whistles, but robust)
16 GB DDR3 (CL9 aka fast)
Modular PSU (Corsair AX, very good and less than 1 y old)
120 GB SSD (Kingston, basic)
2 x 1 TB HDD (Raided)
AIO water cooler (Corsair)
Intel CT Network card (configured to work with GameServer type packets)
Asus G210 GPU (handy if you want to connect to a KVM switch)
Legitimate Windows 2012 R2 Server OS license
Fractal Define R5 case

But now comes the BIG but :) The computer is in Finland. I have really no idea how much the shipping cost will be even inside EU. And I don't even know your location, Mallic.

Last edited:

mallic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 17, 2009
Sorry, I forgot I had made this post. As much as I appreciate the offer, I live in the US and that would kill me on shipping. Also due to the limitations of my available colocation servers, I require rackmount servers.