• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Really Laggy, Even on Lowest Settings?

Diem

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Arizona
Hello,

I recently purchased the game, but it's really laggy, especially in the first level of Single Player. My system specs seem good, so what's wrong? Thanks!

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620 CPU @2.70 GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: Intel

Well it runs Killing Floor, Minecraft, Portal, TF2, Half-Life, and a few other games just fine. For some reason it's just this game I'm having troubles with.

All my graphics card says is "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family". I believe that's the problem, but other games run fine. That's why I'm so curious as to why Red Orchestra won't work.
I don't know why you bothered including Minecraft in there because even a toaster can run Minecraft fluidly. ;)

In all honesty, those games you listed are nowhere near as demanding as Red Orchestra 2, plain and simple. Portal, TF2, and Half-Life 2 are all games using an engine from 2004. Killing Floor is based on Unreal Engine 2, which is also from around the same time. They don't have the demanding graphics features such as higher polygon count, long draw distance, advanced postprocessing effects, physics, ambient occlusion, shadowing, atmospheric spacial audio, etc., that are featured in Unreal Engine 3 and Red Orchestra 2.

I can run all of those games you listed at 100-200+ FPS maxed out at 1080P with 8X MSAA but get only 40-70 FPS in Red Orchestra 2 with high settings at 900P and AA off.

What really kills you is your integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics card. Maybe with the exception of the HD 4000 in the new Ivy Bridge CPU's and the graphics in AMD's APU's, integrated graphics simply cannot run relatively modern 3D games well enough to be considered acceptably playable. The minimum system requirements for Red Orchestra 2 list an Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 2900GT, which are both at least 2-3 times faster than what you have. And the reality nowadays is that most listed minimum specs are usually sufficient to only barely run the game in an unplayable manner, not play the game at low settings.

Upvote 0