• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reality bites. Bites hard.

I've been sitting here reading all the complaints about innacurate this, or mismodelled that, and how so-and-so sucks because he did x instead of doing y. All I can do is sigh right now. I don't even have the energy to laugh at how serious people can be over the most nonsensical things.

Last night my dad called. My brother is laying in a hospital bed gravely ill. His liver is shutting down and slowly poisoning him to death. I haven't seen my brother since I left Texas 6 years ago. Since I'm currently unemployed I have no money to go back, either. It's quite likely that the next time I see my brother will be at his funeral.

Somehow, I find it a little difficult to care whether the Kar.98k's safety is in the wrong position or all the other crap people are getting up in arms about. Just doesn't seem important somehow, ya know?

My sympathies for your brother, I'll pray for him and you.

And your post reminds me of one more reason to hate today's superficial society *sigh*

Everything that doesn't matter is inflated beyond belief, and stuff that does matter is swept under the rug because it makes people uncomfortable.
Sometimes we need to be uncomfortable.

Upvote 0
Hey man, don't take notice to the things said on this forum. They are just immersed in what we call a video game fantasy, not reality itself. They think they are all tough with their knowledge of gun ballistics and fancy details, but they have no idea what they are dealing with. Reality stings and that's why they try to make a new reality in a computer game. I know the pain you are going through with the sickness of a family member...it happened to me just a few months ago and it was very difficult. Sometimes it takes those moments to give you a look at the big picture which is life. Some things just don't matter as much as the big picture. Once you see it, you'll feel alot better about how this world works.

You should get your mind off of this and concentrate on your family first. I will pray for your brother's safety and health.

Upvote 0
[CoFR]BooBoo said:
I've been sitting here reading all the complaints about innacurate this, or mismodelled that, and how so-and-so sucks because he did x instead of doing y. All I can do is sigh right now. I don't even have the energy to laugh at how serious people can be over the most nonsensical things.

Last night my dad called. My brother is laying in a hospital bed gravely ill. His liver is shutting down and slowly poisoning him to death. I haven't seen my brother since I left Texas 6 years ago. Since I'm currently unemployed I have no money to go back, either. It's quite likely that the next time I see my brother will be at his funeral.

Somehow, I find it a little difficult to care whether the Kar.98k's safety is in the wrong position or all the other crap people are getting up in arms about. Just doesn't seem important somehow, ya know?

How much do you need to get home? What are the destination and departure cities?

Seriously.

Upvote 0
Got it covered if I need. My wife has a generous boss with a ton of frequent flier miles who will get me there if I need to go. Right now I just need to focus on school (taking AutoCAD classes to help make myself more marketable) and pray for the best with my brother.

This isn't the first time a major life-shaking event has happened. We lost our first daughter when she was born too premature to survive. If you don't think that was a body blow at the time...

Upvote 0
You do what you have to do. And I hope the best for your brother.

But if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's to not have any regrets. You can't say goodbye to someone after they've already gone - a lesson my wife and I have learned with our own relatives. A funeral is only for the living since the dead don't know you're there.

If the condition is as bad as you make it out to be, I would already be on my way there, even if it's for a single day. Nothing would take second place to that - school, work, whatever.

Upvote 0
sorry to hear about ur brother man

but ppl care about what seems important to them

what seems important to you may not be important to someone else

video games are a release for alot of ppl and sometimes they care about the little things like that

perhaps someone who say a harry potter movie or one of the lotr movies would be mad about some of the things that were changed

don't let it bother ya because i am sure you care about certain things that others might consider unimportant

but i do hope you can get home to see ur brother and that he gets better

Upvote 0
I'm sorry about your brother, but you have to understand that all of those little complaints are suggestions to make the game better, and that is part of the purpose of these boards.

Hundreds of people have already needlessly died in the course of this thread, but that does not mean it has less meaning or right to exist.

Upvote 0
Firstly, to anyone whom I may have offended over the past week or so, inadvertently or otherwise, my sincere apologies. My brother's illness has caused me great stress and I allowed it to come through on these boards. For that I am truly sorry.

I understand the strong feelings about certain issues in this game. Heck, I have some of my own - as you may have noticed. But the events of the past few days have made me look at some things, and to realize just how trivial they really are when compared to real life issues. Again, this is not directed at anyone else at all, it's just my personal perspective at the moment.

My brother wasn't just my brother. He was also my friend, my fishing partner, my gaming partner for over 30 years, a hunting partner, shooting coach, a shoulder to lean on, and someone who would listen when I just needed to talk. He taught me to ride motorcycles, and how to shoot a bow and arrow. We spent countless hours working on things together, be it a tank model kit or rebuilding an engine. We learned to fly model airplanes together, and rebuild them when our landings didn't go so well.

Tomorrow I fly back to Texas to help my father bury him. I had hoped to make one more trip to see them both, but events and money conspired to keep me away these past 6 years. Now I go back, but only one is still there. The other has passed on, and taken a part of me with him.

Take the time to say I love you to those you care for. It only takes a minute. And sometimes you don't get the chance before they're gone.

Upvote 0