• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realistic Weapon Switching

If you're going the realism route, I'd work on the tanks and AC instant crew bailout first. I find that way more distracting than a quick weapon switch. While the weapon switch may not be realistic I don't find it adds gameyness into RO (like the jump ability did in CS with bunny hopping). The instant bail does, with clowncar instant bails and sachel charges, instant exits and house assaults or trench assaults etc.. Those are killers as on some maps makes the rifleman useless as he's either facing an AC he can't do anything against, or 3+ assault troops that's going to own his butt and nothing inbetween.

You would also want it fixed first as otherwise the instant bail, lugering the guy with the pfaust/sachel and going back into the tank before the poor AT guy is 1/2 way through his weapon change is going to look even more gamey ;)

T.
Yer while not relevant to this thread this is a far bigger issue. If you are gonna come out of the hatch on a tank you should expect to get shot in the face as your head pops up, not appear in a random position outside the tank to get the jump on the person waiting for you.

As for weapon switching - the devs should copy BIA: earned in blood - situation solved. :)

Upvote 0