• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Real Time Reflections vs. More dead bodies

MultiSlayer

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
I have a relatively average card, so I can't just crank everything full blast. So right now I'm really conflicted between two of the most demanding settings. They are both really immersive and awesome in their own way, but they are serious performance hogs so I can only choose one.

I'm really having trouble deciding with this, I could either have 100 max dead bodies for moar carnage, or I could have those beautiful amazing looking Reflections that makes the world have so much more depth and makes the blood glisten a lot more which is great. What do you guys think is more worth it? Do you use Real Time Reflections? What do you think of them and what graphics settings do you use?

Well, you can edit the game config files to make the body count not so demanding. I currently have it set so that when they die, they can only be mutilated for a few seconds before they are just a prop at that point. Its also set so that other zeds don't effect the bodies. This prevents massive piles of bodies from building up and becoming a distraction. I have 200 as the body count with no performance loss. Personally I say you go with that.

Upvote 0
Well, you can edit the game config files to make the body count not so demanding. I currently have it set so that when they die, they can only be mutilated for a few seconds before they are just a prop at that point. Its also set so that other zeds don't effect the bodies. This prevents massive piles of bodies from building up and becoming a distraction. I have 200 as the body count with no performance loss. Personally I say you go with that.

Interesting, can you go into detail about the specific settings and on which .ini's?

Upvote 0