• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ranged enemies

K-nu

Jul 25, 2009
Hi everyone, I`ve been playing KF for a long time and there`s one thing I believe the game really needs and that is RANGED ENEMIES
I mean... siren`s scream has very low range and bloat`s bile too and they can`t harm you if you`re a couple of meters away. It would be very cool if a specimen could spit acid or something at you from long range, it would be a great new challenge
What do you think?

ranged enemies are difficult to do because if they dont look distinguished enough people will keep taking damage from nowhere and get frustrated. if we were going to make a ranged unit it would have to have a very visable attack or a very visable model.

Not to mention the way it's projectile works. If it damages other specimens (ala bloat) or ignores them (IE, Siren) it could make or break the game. As things stand though, so far as I know, they aren't adding any more specimens...though this could have changed.

Upvote 0
Flying enemies are difficult to make. Hell no to spiderman. And if they did ever add another ranged specimen it would have to be possible to dodge and it would have to stop moving whilst it attacked, lest it be truly ******.

Ooh ooh. Check this, why don't we get a one that has some sort of dangerous bodily fluid? Then we make it fat, give it a machete, and unleash it upon the world!

Problem solved.

Upvote 0
I belive KF needs to have one more tank :) not some flying **** or ranged :/ (people cry over siren as it is lol xD)

I mean fleshpound is an amazing tank :0 but could you imagine a slower + somewhat as thick as scrake (armor wise) and a little bit stronger then a gorefasts blade?

itd make it a bit more fun :) to have ANOTHER tank to worry about.

Upvote 0
I belive KF needs to have one more tank :) not some flying **** or ranged :/ (people cry over siren as it is lol xD)

I mean fleshpound is an amazing tank :0 but could you imagine a slower + somewhat as thick as scrake (armor wise) and a little bit stronger then a gorefasts blade?

itd make it a bit more fun :) to have ANOTHER tank to worry about.

Well, whilst everyone is up in arms about kiting and discouraging it... wouldn't this just make it even harder to hold an area and force people kite even more?

Upvote 0