• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rainbow Six Vegas ... 2

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
Well, we all knew this was coming. Especially if you played through the first one, but...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/836/836746p1.html

The game, which Ubisoft said is planned for "next-generation consoles and PC," is scheduled for release in March 2008 to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Rainbow Six gaming franchise.

In an announcement today, Ubisoft didn't reveal much about the upcoming game but promised improved graphics, new gameplay features and new Vegas settings. The tactical solo campaign will return, and the sequel will build on its predecessor's popular multiplayer modes.

Co-op and adversarial multiplayer will return, and Vegas 2 will provide "unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes," Ubisoft said.
This is still my most played 360 game. I absolutely cannot wait for this game.

Noes, not another one! :mad:
They should give it a sideline like so many other games:
Rainbow Six Vegas 2: The rape continues...

There is no way in hell that there are people who loved the original Rainbow Six games can appreciate what Vegas and Lockdown have done to the franchise.
A quick glance at the changes they made?
- less teams (1 instead of 3)
- made the levels lineair, instead of free movement within a level
- it went from 1shot1kill gameplay to health regenerating rambo gungho bull****
- No tactical planner (no need anymore either since levels are lineair..)
- added hollywood bull**** (hanging upsidedown on a fastrope giving people headshots?? SERIOUSLY!:eek:)
- Reviving of dead teammates by magical syringes (again, seriously, WTF?)

The only changes that i DO like is the ability to check under doors (works better then the heartbeat sensor in the original), and being able to give priority targets. (For example, kill the guy holding a gun to a hostage's forehead first, then the other bastard), but it stops there.

And they claimed they had such a great cover-system as well. Directly copied from Gears of War but who gives a ****, it still isnt anything better then i did in the original Rainbow games!
What is there so much better about being able to see yourself while pressing your back against a wall (giving you the gamey ability to look over a wall without any danger to yourself as well), then when you are crouched behind the same piece of cover in first person view?
And what's worse is that in outdoors environments (first level i saw in a gameplay vid) they made Vegas look like a fricking warzone, with a piece of wall in the middle of the road, seemingly from a building.
How the hell would it have gotten there? Its terrorists occupying a building, not all-out war between nation's mighty armies blowing everything apart? The only reason i see for the lump of rock being there is gameplay-purposes.
But hey, we got a 'revolutionary' coversystem, lets put it to use, even if that does kill the realistical feeling the game is supposed to have!

Because i have seen all these previews/reviews and gameplay video's, i have not bought the game and neither will i.
Vegas is the embodyment of games-simplification, or mainstreaming if you will, all for the masses (who dont give enough about the franchise to buy it anyway, they have their free warez sites dont they? ), while the original fanbase gets their worthy sequel stolen from them.

If you dont care enough about a franchise other then it's reputation to base your next game on, then freaking leave it alone and give your game another title, but dont change allready existing games!
It's like RO2 being made into another battlefield-clone, with health systems, medpacks and everything else in place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

There is no way in hell that there are people who loved the original Rainbow Six games can appreciate what Vegas and Lockdown have done to the franchise.
A quick glance at the changes they made?
- less teams (1 instead of 3)
- made the levels lineair, instead of free movement within a level
- it went from 1shot1kill gameplay to health regenerating rambo gungho bull****
- No tactical planner (no need anymore either since levels are lineair..)
- added hollywood bull**** (hanging upsidedown on a fastrope giving people headshots?? SERIOUSLY!:eek:)
- Reviving of dead teammates by magical syringes (again, seriously, WTF?)

The only changes that i DO like is the ability to check under doors (works better then the heartbeat sensor in the original), and being able to give priority targets. (For example, kill the guy holding a gun to a hostage's forehead first, then the other bastard), but it stops there.

And they claimed they had such a great cover-system as well. Directly copied from Gears of War but who gives a ****, it still isnt anything better then i did in the original Rainbow games!
What is there so much better about being able to see yourself while pressing your back against a wall (giving you the gamey ability to look over a wall without any danger to yourself as well), then when you are crouched behind the same piece of cover in first person view?
And what's worse is that in outdoors environments (first level i saw in a gameplay vid) they made Vegas look like a fricking warzone, with a piece of wall in the middle of the road, seemingly from a building.
How the hell would it have gotten there? Its terrorists occupying a building, not all-out war between nation's mighty armies blowing everything apart? The only reason i see for the lump of rock being there is gameplay-purposes.
But hey, we got a 'revolutionary' coversystem, lets put it to use, even if that does kill the realistical feeling the game is supposed to have!

Because i have seen all these previews/reviews and gameplay video's, i have not bought the game and neither will i.
Vegas is the embodyment of games-simplification, or mainstreaming if you will, all for the masses (who dont give enough about the franchise to buy it anyway, they have their free warez sites dont they? ), while the original fanbase gets their worthy sequel stolen from them.

If you dont care enough about a franchise other then it's reputation to base your next game on, then freaking leave it alone and give your game another title, but dont change allready existing games!
It's like RO2 being made into another battlefield-clone, with health systems, medpacks and everything else in place.
FFS PLEASE STOP IT. You always say the same and while you sure do have a point and have the right to tell what you think(and I am respecting that) it just gets old, rly.

Upvote 0
FFS PLEASE STOP IT. You always say the same and while you sure do have a point and have the right to tell what you think(and I am respecting that) it just gets old, rly.

It's not just about this game. It's happening everywhere in the gaming community, this is just the most prime example of all, and it should be a concern to us all.

Upvote 0

Give it a rest. I loved the original. In fact, I think the original on the PC is better than any other tactical shooter out there. But you know what? I loved Vegas for what it was, fun.

So don't make base generalizations again and say you're speaking for everyone when you are not.

Upvote 0
Give it a rest. I loved the original. In fact, I think the original on the PC is better than any other tactical shooter out there. But you know what? I loved Vegas for what it was, fun.

So don't make base generalizations again and say you're speaking for everyone when you are not.

Tell me then, how can you celebrate the spiritual death of a great series?
Do you think Vegas is worthy of the name Rainbow Six? How is that possible?

Upvote 0
Its only a name/book/film/game merchandising thing.

The original R6 was one of the most innovative games ever.
But that was 100's of years ago.

I'm talking out of my hat hear because I do not own Vegas but I 'm pretty sure its good in its own style, (kids played it).

Now if anyone happens to bump into a game that has as much innovation going for it as R6 had in its time, please let me know.

Not bothered what The Name of the Game is.

:p***

Upvote 0
Ok , i played Raven shield and the previous Ghost recons , i own Vegas and learned to appreciate it for what it is , a fun game .

However , SiC Disaster has really a point . They chose to ruin the franchise in the eyes of the real fans that liked this game because it was realistic . And they did it in order to make money with people that did not know Ghost Recon before . On top of that they released the game without any tool to mod it (no additional weapon and maps etc.. ) and a game that was buggy on many machines .

This said , i still play Vegas , because now it's smooth , fun and the coop mode , terrorist hunt is really fun online . it's a game worth playing despite the arcadish approach , although i find COD4 even more arcade (faster gameplay , no recoil , cramped corridor-levels , even more scripted ) .

Sic is right to say this , because they should not have spoiled the Rainbow six franchise to do that , the gameplay in Vegas itself is really anything but what Rainbow six used to be . It's only since a couple of months that we can finally password servers or see the pings ... the devs gave 0% support to the community (that is the community that makes a game last long ) and that is what angered me the most

In short , it's a fun game online (offline you finish it in less than 7 hours ) , but arcadish despite some good sensations with some weapons (but no bullet drop effect or sophisticated ballistic for instance , everything shoots straight until infinity like COD , far from a sim ) , released in a hurry , awful communication from UBI , awful support for modders (guys who'd have wanted to make it more realistic for example ) , and awful optimization at first (now it's better ) .

But like Disaster , i will not forgive them to have betrayed the Rainbow six franchise , and i'm almost sure that Vegas 2 will be with the same engine and gameplay as Vegas 1 , just improved visuals and details that they will advertise excessively as usual .

UBI like EA look for big bucks now , the time when UBI was giving the chance to small simulation developpers like Maddox games or Silent Hunter's Romanian devs and others is over . Now they look for arcade-eye candy-blockbusters that will sell the most copies , preferably the 5-7 hours single player arcadish corridor-FPS game that sell so well these days , sadly .

By sadly , i meant for the hardcore-gamers that want truly new gen games , those who play since at least 10-15 years and witnessed video-game industry evolve . A truly new gen-games for me means a game with a REALLY new-gen AI , more freedom (no more Corridors please !!! Quake and Doom era is over , our CPU are much better now to handle 3d open worlds ) and especially more realism and details/complexity. In all these aspects , R6 Vegas failed sadly and i doubt Vegas 2 will succeed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not about what he thinks but about him starting the same discussion every single time when someone talks about Rainbow Six.

Well, they continue degrading Rainbow Six so why shouldnt i continue criticise their actions?
I do not do that in every thread, yet this is about another Rainbow game, or so they say at least, so i really have to, cause it's still not living up to the premises of the original game.
You might not be that passionate about the series, or about gaming at all, but imagine something you really love gets debased like this.
It's like chocolat cookies without the chocolat bits in it that make it good.

It's gotten so bad, that when younger gamers (the ones with the shrieking voices, you know them) talk about Rainbow Six, they think its about run-and-gun rambo ****.
It really is that way, ive heard it countless of times. On the discussion of Graw vs R6 i once heard the following comment: "If you want tactical, go for GRAW! If you want to be a rambo and run around shooting things, go Rainbow Six!"
Not that GRAW is all that tactical either, but thats a different discussion.
Cause all they know of R6 is Lockdown and Vegas, wich are both nothing like the original games except for in name.
The original and Rogue Spear predates them, so they dont know them, but they think this is what Rainbow Six is all about, and it just annoys the hell out of me, being a R6 fan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Disaster, if this was the first time you've bombarded a thread with your opinions on RSV I probably wouldn't have a problem. What gets everybody though, is that this is probably the 15th time this has happened. I don't think there's a single person on this forum that isn't already aware of your unending hatred for RSV, so there's really no need to keep hijacking threads and drilling us with the same rant that we've already heard from you over a dozen times.

Upvote 0