• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

R.i.p.

Sojuz

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2008
Regarding the company TWI, RO brand, due to the Ostfront is not contestable for me. For many months after the release I proposed several solutions, which certainly would have improved the game. Unfortunately, none of them were introduced till this day. It was surprising because it was not incredibly difficult thing to do, that was just the details that completely break the game. Today, once again occurred it to me to want to play, as it turned out unnecessarily, hard experience. From the point of view of the casual gamer, this game is unplayable. Not only because of the few suggestions that I made before which were not introduced. Getting on server took me a couple of good attempts (once a browser tweaks that the server is not full other a custom map didn't loads which in spite of all I did have). The case of the custom maps is so funny, and so today I decided to subscribe to some what better custom maps and download all the godly, that was fine and dandy. How do you probably guess, not enough that some maps didn't have downloaded properly, other downloaded proved to be outdated... Tragic technical aspect, I am sorry to speak, but this title just emanate low-budget so that the game should be easily possible to get even half of the golden raspberries, and let you be on your health. I played maybe five minutes when horrible lags started occured, ping went heaven like crazy. But hey we have 64 slots servers good for us. You can defend this game all you want, including those pseudo developers. It just came over me to write down a diary tonight.

There are many broken things about this game that are over looked for whatever reason, I do agree. It's the buggiest game I've ever played. I enjoy it very much though and hope that one day it as good as it's predecessor. May it be a worthy sequal. Content, bug fixes, content, bug fixes....and so on.

Upvote 0
There are many broken things about this game that are over looked for whatever reason, I do agree. It's the buggiest game I've ever played. I enjoy it very much though and hope that one day it as good as it's predecessor. May it be a worthy sequal. Content, bug fixes, content, bug fixes....and so on.

If you think this game is buggy, you dont play many PC games.

Upvote 0

100% agreed!

IMO this game has not even one game breaking bug, just a few things that should be tweaked/improved.

But as Wolverine suggested, give us more informations about your computer specs and also a more detailed list of your 'bugs'.
As a clan leader and server admin, I often see people complaining about the game and about bugs, in most cases however:
- it wasn't a bug (e.g. players arguing that they sometimes can't use the radio while playing as a rifleman :p )

or

- it was a bug caused by bad computer specs or settings (often too less RAM)

or

- it wasn't a bug but a realism aspect (I die even without a headshot for example :p)

Talking with these players and helping them is the solution in most cases.

But I need to say that here:
Please don't speak for all.
The game plays really well and it's absolutely enjoyable for most players.
If it's unplayable for YOU, please write a thread in the support section in this forum.

Upvote 0
Well whenever somebody talks about game breaking bugs I can not relate to them because I have not experienced any of those in a very long time. Tbh it worked quite fine for me even shortly after RO2's release. As for the custom maps...I'd say it is indeed very annoying to download and delete new files whenever there was an update for a map and that there is nothing like an automatic cache clearer of some sort but still I have faith in TWI that they will offer us more and better stuff in the nearer future.

Upvote 0
That is correct my friend. Here is a list of things though:

Scoreboard poping up, 0 reinforcement ties, Insta-bolting boltaction rifles, unlimited amo while sprinting on all weapons, fuzzy sniper scopes, reloading half full clips on first reload, canceling reload even though clip was inserted, map poping up at end of round, can't use spacebar on end of round voteing screen, flying ragdolls, hud disappearing, steam authentication kicking, artying being called but then nothing happens yet there is a respawn time on it, getting stuck on ladders, scoped G41 showing up as a SVT kill, etc.

I could go on but you get the point. I played ro1 and of course there were life long bugs but the game was worked on until it was near perfect for a video game. That's what I want to see for ro2 of course. I'm sure everyone wants the same things here.

Upvote 0
I was there, I was there for Battlecruiser 3000AD, for Ultima IX. I entered the Dungeons in Daggerfall that had no exit. I even braved Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. The soul destroying Far Cry 2 game breaking 27% closed door bug.

RO2 doesn't belong on this list.
I think Ro2 easily belongs on that list, remember when RO2 crashed routers? :p

Upvote 0
100% agreed!

IMO this game has not even one game breaking bug, just a few things that should be tweaked/improved.

But as Wolverine suggested, give us more informations about your computer specs and also a more detailed list of your 'bugs'.
As a clan leader and server admin, I often see people complaining about the game and about bugs, in most cases however:
- it wasn't a bug (e.g. players arguing that they sometimes can't use the radio while playing as a rifleman :p )

or

- it was a bug caused by bad computer specs or settings (often too less RAM)

or

- it wasn't a bug but a realism aspect (I die even without a headshot for example :p)

Talking with these players and helping them is the solution in most cases.

But I need to say that here:
Please don't speak for all.
The game plays really well and it's absolutely enjoyable for most players.
If it's unplayable for YOU, please write a thread in the support section in this forum.

+1, playing 5 minutes and starting to have lag and high ping may be a problem on your end. I have not experienced anything like this, nor have I heard anybody mention something like this. The game runs flawlessly on the performance side of things. The game is also very playable, and the amount of 'game-breaking' bugs are way overexaggerated. For me, I've only experienced 3 major problems so far: Alt-tab performance is atrocious (at-least for me), and alt-tabbing back into the game can cause some lag. A very simple way to fix this is to just add Windowed-Borderless. I'm not sure if it's because RO2 may be running on an older build the Unreal engine that we can't have the option for Windowed-Borderless. Maybe we can get a dev's POV on this. The other two would be the prone bug, and the sniper scope having a few bugs (blurry, or the scene won't actually update in the scope, leaving just a still image in the scope).

Upvote 0