• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

quickscoping sucks ..why is it in this game?

Wait, your ironsights snap to the enemy's head through computerized aim-assist?

That's probably an aimbot, not quickscoping. There is no quickscoping in RO2, as RO2 doesn't have aim assist.

EDIT: Plus, he was only snapping to ironsights to line up a shot AND he missed the first shot both times AND his victims both had their backs to him. It's a lot more realistic than aiming from the hip with a bloody bolt action rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, that's the problem exactly :rolleyes:
Don't act like you don't understand what people are complaining about, you're above that.

So what, realistically, would prevent him from shooting someone in the back with his sniper rifle? The guy didn't see him, and was preoccupied looking the other way. There was a fair delay bringing his gun up, and with that bunky scope blocking half his screen he would have missed had the guy been fighting back.

I don't see anything in that video that you couldn't do in Red Orchestra: Ostfront. Honestly. Why wouldn't I be able to shoot an unaware opponent in the back after a full sprint from 5m away?

Reactions: a-pedestrian
Upvote 0
So what, realistically, would prevent him from shooting someone in the back with his sniper rifle?
Nothing.
There was a fair delay bringing his gun up
...well, there are a bit of controversy on that point.
and with that bunky scope blocking half his screen he would have missed had the guy been fighting back.
Hopefully.

I don't see anything in that video that you couldn't do in Red Orchestra: Ostfront. Honestly. Why wouldn't I be able to shoot an unaware opponent in the back after a full sprint from 5m away?
It's just that the whole process is a bit faster in RO2 and even though it may not be much faster it still makes a significant difference in how the game often plays out.
Some like it, some don't.

Upvote 0
I always thought quickscoping basically required a HUD crosshair or partial scope zoom and a bullet trajectory system that magically makes the gun more accurate with the scope up, and where the center of the scope lined up exactly with the center of where the HUD crosshair was. In other words, you actually aim with the HUD crosshair but you bring up the scope for the more accurate firing mode to kick in and fire just as the scope locks you into that firing mode and no later (so you don't need to aim with the scope because you've already aimed in with the crosshair).

Red Orchestra: HOS has neither of these features. In RO:HOS the gun itself is theoretically as accurate from the hip as it is with the sights up. And since you do not have a crosshairs, Simply bringing the scope up fast, then using that to aim and fire very quickly...is not quickscoping as I understand it. A good feel for hipshooting can make it look like quickscoping, but it's only quickscoping in the literal sense: aiming with the scope extremely quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's just that the whole process is a bit faster in RO2 and even though it may not be much faster it still makes a significant difference in how the game often plays out.
Some like it, some don't.

If you go back to RO:OST, people just hip-fired you way faster than what you see on that video since coming out of sprint centered your gun all the time.

Upvote 0
One thing I did notice last night just messing around is that when you first go into Ironsights the weapon has no sway at all for several seconds. At least that was the case with the PPSH I was doing it with. Which means I think the run and gunner will actually be more accurate than someone that has been sitting there with their sights up. That combined with sprinting an being out of stamina not affecting sway or accuracy makes the game surprisingly run and gun friendly. So does the laggy hit detection. It's hell being a bolt user.

Upvote 0
One thing I did notice last night just messing around is that when you first go into Ironsights the weapon has no sway at all for several seconds. At least that was the case with the PPSH I was doing it with. Which means I think the run and gunner will actually be more accurate than someone that has been sitting there with their sights up. That combined with sprinting an being out of stamina not affecting sway or accuracy makes the game surprisingly run and gun friendly. So does the laggy hit detection. It's hell being a bolt user.
Not for me it isn't, Apartments is the only one that even comes close. A rifle bullet will kill someone just as well as an SMG bullet, and if yours connects first then they're definately going down, an SMG just give you more chances to hit or miss.

Upvote 0
You'd be correct. Going into the scoped view doesn't increase accuracy. All it does is center the weapon. And considering the bullet drop, at a distance, quickscoping in ro2 is pointless. It's wasted effort.
Considering the distances and the shift key it's actually anything but pointless. I hate to use that term but popping up, scoping and scoring a quick kill is hardly rocket science at the distances currently in the game. Not like you have to spend 5 minutes figuring out where your bullet will land, it's pretty obvious more often than not.

Upvote 0