• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick question regarding server takeover gimick

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Can the takeover feature takeover a game in progress?
    By that i mean if there's a small group can it actually remove some players from the current game and subsitute them with the people that are using the matchmaker.
    (because i once just got removed from a server but there was no admin activity according to my friend who was still playing in there, and then recently he got removed from another server with some other dude, no admin notification or anything but couple people instantly joined in)

Admin can admin remotely. I haven't looked at script but I imagine like map, player count, etc, takeover eligibility is self reported by servers and once a match has started this value is set to false. Even if it landed on a populated server, the function of applying a password can only be done while restarting/changing maps. If for some reason this failed, everyone would be kicked during the restart and unable to rejoin.

Upvote 0