• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions for devs after 1 month milestone

Holing up in the same spot time and time again isnt what id call "tactical" not that im hating on KF1 (over 300 hours here) but yeah KF2 is already just about as good if not better than KF1 and we have only 4 perks and 4 maps.
Yes, yes, YES! I hated this about KF1, standing and moving mouse around the screen, killing stuff, yay! Tactic! Military! YAY!
No, that wasnt fun for me and friends. And KF2 does it much better. Its not there yet but I am already having more fun so I think they are on the right track.

Of course I would want more content as anyone but this is early access, time to provide feedback and enjoy the full game when it comes out. If I would feel they dont care what people think or they would slack around or provide low quality stuff I would see a reason to get upset. But I dont see that. Yes there was less dev involvment on these forums after EA release, but I think they know that. But also we cant bother them with endless discussions about that, timeframe and the ammount of content every week, its wasting their time and frankly we are beating a dead horse.

So let them play and do their work because this doesnt help. Remember when games had no forums, no place to talk to devs and you would just wait and see what/if happens. Sometimes years. This is far better.

Anyone played True Combat mod for Enemy Territory? We got new update and every time you loaded the map there was a splash screen saying milestone version is coming very soon. With much needed fixes. Guess what it never happened and dev sometimes disappeared for years then got back and said he is working on something, then again year gone without a word. Imagine seeing that splashscreen everytime map changed :D I am used to this so I dont mind. TWI does it better. Be reasonable. See what happens ok?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Already have until they fix this game. I came here to support KF2 because it was stated many times that the KF2 was supposed to take the core gameplay of KF1 and build on it. Thats not what we have here, instead we have something that is like far to many other games and more like L4D2 than KF1.

I love L4D2. And KF2 doesn't have the same feel to me.

Fast paced spammy gameplay with crap like excess spawn points for zeds, teleporting, doors that perma break, and other stuff to make KF more "main stream"

TFW when it's just a diverse list of stuff you don't like about the game but in an attempt to make your argument look stronger, you lump it all together under some umbrella issue (two different ones actually).

Yoshiro said:
6) Player expectation that content is easy to create and implement.

Lmao. Good luck TWI. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
Gamers are still too stupid to grasp the scope of limitations games have. Even after it came out people kept talking about the open world aspects even though they were neither present nor possible.

It is only natural for people to compare pre-release, marketing, hype etc vs actual product in practically every case. If they have no other point of reference besides that or no technical knowledge given the bar is pretty low these days, is it any surprise?

(After all, most people are too stupid to grasp how to use a grindstone on a scythe without ruining the edge. Or how to properly use a scythe. Maybe because most people never had a reason, let alone opportunity to do so? And who would teach them? The Internet?)

So either they are striving for the same core gameplay of KF1 as has been said or they are not. If that is not their goal then they just need to come out and say it. Until then many of us KF1 vets will be here to help make KF2 the best it can be. If they choose to go the other direction and continue with the fast paced spammy gameplay with crap like excess spawn points for zeds, teleporting, doors that perma break, and other stuff to make KF more "main stream" then I wish them the best and will move on to play something else. They already got my money so its no loss to them.

Grinding shoot NPCs to gain money and get bigger toys to do it again has not changed anywhere. What I see issue in KF2 is imbalance between alternatives, since in KF1 even two competent people could turn almost any place into impregnable fortress, whereas in KF2 even team of competent people is unlikely to hold chokepoints ala KF1 unless they have no other choice since kiting in some designated areas is hell of a lot more effective.

Upvote 0
So, about this:

-Zeds can't spawn if a player is obstructing or observing their spawn volume
-Zeds generally don't teleport unless you disengage them; meaning for the game's purpose, the ones you're having appear in front of you are new zeds. KF2 isn't a game you can just run past which brings me to:
-KF2 is more tactical in every way than KF1, you just aren't using coordinated tactics. You have to keep moving, check corners, cooperate for syringe heals (which you should be using).
-Clot grabs are a game mechanic, kill them before they grab you. You got grabbed because you ****ed up. See the last two points.

People will not understand what you point out. Do not even bother m8, I think you just got baited.

Slower doesn't mean more methodical, and KF1 often boiled down to one person running in a circle, which is the least tactical thing you can do (running away in a straight line). Given that the game as very rudimentary AI, the only way you're getting tactics into Killing Floor is if you give them the ability to move around behind the scenes. Right now, KF2 suffers from this as well, but it's mostly due to early Scrake balancing.

Usually with an NPC tank, you give it more health than you think it needs and work backwards on it to find the sweet spot. This solves a lot of emergent gameplay problems since one variable (the NPC's health) is acted on equally by every other element in game. If you're in an open beta it doubles as an opportunity to identify strategies that are grievously too effective. As they achieve better balance, we'll probably see a lot more decisions to fight these enemies in earnest, which is a lot more fun than KF1's system where you basically choose between exploiting the game mechanics, pass a gear check, or spend a bunch of time plinking the thing.

Besides that I agree with you about exploiting a few things, most things about the Scrake were intended (Stun if you dealt enough damage, x2 backstab multiplier which really was easy to use against Scrakes, Flare Revolver's burning plus its "fear" applied by that, etc).

I just hope they do not fix "circling" unless we have some really heavy hitters or stun-tactics for the Scrake (pls do not say we have EMP-Grenades...not enough for the over 9000 Scrakes haha).

Besides that, I do not think Scrake has too much health. You can bust his head with aa12 in 2, 3 seconds if you know how to. Referring even to HoE with 6 players.

Same goes for Commando with his Scar (especially in Zed-Time - Rapid Fire...btw, Commando got a bit too much damage-output if you can kill Scrakes with one Mag of your Scar in their heads while you need 6 bullets with your Boomstick - balance incoming, I hope).

Upvote 0