• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions about RO2:HOS

Lost Cipher

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Hello, I am a new guy with a couple of questions.

First I would like to ask if Heroes can be accessed in the single player portion of the title? And if so, how? Do you have to unlock them in multiplayer? Or are things ready to go in skirmish to wet your appetite?

Will the telescopic scope for the MKb 42 (StG 44, or the gun the German hero has in a screenshot) be 4x, and or something else? And will it be a 3d scope like the sniper rifles in the game?

Also will the hero weapons be usable in single player? Unlocked from the beginning?

Will the FG 42 be in the game? If so will the ZF 4 scope be accompanying it?

Will the Gewehr 41/43 be equip-able with a ZF 4 scope? 4x?

Will only a small percentage of the playing community be able to reach Hero status? Or will it be open to all who play? Just with some reaching it sooner than others.

I apologize if I have asked basic information, but I thank anyone who is willing and or able to help answer my questions.

Most of this we do not really know about, mk42b scope we have no knowledge about that i am aware of. There hasn't been alot of information about the single-player campaign so again this is a blank spot. FG42 will msotly like not be in the game as in 1943 (When the battle of Stalingrad ended) only 50 prototype Fg42's had been produced, also if TWI decided to include the gun int he game there would be a total :IS2: storm and many many flame wars. Hero status will be hard to attain as it is effectively the final level so don't expect to see too many until about 1 or 2 months in, heroes appear in small numbers on servers (like 1 per team).

I hope i've been of some assistance but i am no expert so it's probably best to wait till someone from TWI notices this and like comes to your rescue :p

(Look here if you are interested in knowing about what we know is actually in the game-http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48698)

Hope i have helped :D

Upvote 0
Hello, I am a new guy with a couple of questions.

First I would like to ask if Heroes can be accessed in the single player portion of the title? And if so, how? Do you have to unlock them in multiplayer? Or are things ready to go in skirmish to wet your appetite?
You aren't playing one person in sp, so including them would serve no purpose imho. Likely heroes are mp only.

Will the telescopic scope for the MKb 42 (StG 44, or the gun the German hero has in a screenshot) be 4x, and or something else? And will it be a 3d scope like the sniper rifles in the game?
Thought some1 said 1.5x, but I can be corrected.

Also will the hero weapons be usable in single player? Unlocked from the beginning?
As with the first question, you're not playing one person. I guess one of the teammates in-game will have a mkb42 for instance.

Will the FG 42 be in the game? If so will the ZF 4 scope be accompanying it?
No FG42 mentioned or proposed, so guess not.

Will the Gewehr 41/43 be equip-able with a ZF 4 scope? 4x?
Not standard, ,maybe sniper class has the option?

Will only a small percentage of the playing community be able to reach Hero status? Or will it be open to all who play? Just with some reaching it sooner than others.

It is the last 'level', but highest or random would be chosen by the server to actually FUNCTION as a hero (afaik). caps just for clarification:)

I apologize if I have asked basic information, but I thank anyone who is willing and or able to help answer my questions.

Upvote 0