• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PVK II Released!

Oh there are some bugs.

Not to mention the uber pirates. Super nuke barrels and cutlasses that can kill fully armored knights with one hit! I've seen it happen a lot with full health and armor.

I think the 1 hit cutlass kill you saw was the Pirate's special attack. Pirates get a cutlass charge, Knights get a sword spin, and Vikings get to beserk.

Also, the good thing about the Pirate kegs on the desert tower map is that they clear out anybody in or around the tower, so its kinda like a quick restart. I've played that map about 5 or so times and always seen the Knights win anyway.

Upvote 0
I'm a bit of a smacktard myself, I either exploit bugs or steal chests. At first everyone is mad at you but then everyone gets into it and everyone starts laughing at the total mayhem it is causing.

When I play seriously it's with the vikings, sometimes knights. I'm waiting for the viking with the shield, once I get my shield I will FEAST ON YOUR BONES! The little attack you can do with your shield is the pwn. Thats the only reason why I like knights, if you have patience and the know how to use your shield push, you can beat everyone.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother
Thats the only reason why I like knights, if you have patience and the know how to use your shield push, you can beat everyone.
pvk_desertruin + me as a Knight = lots of people getting knocked off the ladder via my shield bash

Its incredibly funny (and fun :D), to see lots of suicide death messages from vikings who don't know how to get around me and from pirates who throw kegs to late (that is to say mid fall), and end up on the ground next to their keg.

Upvote 0
Pirates can hit past your shield. It's annoying as hell, but if they know what they're doing, they can hit you past your guard each and every time. They also have a much faster recovery time that Vikings, which is incredibly annoying. You parry their attack and stun them, yet they're able to take another swing before you can. Ridiculous. Should become less noticeable with the addition of more classes though. I'm actually looking forward to the Pirate Sharpshooter (favourite from PVK 1) which'll likely be in Beta 3.

Upvote 0
I'm a bit of a smacktard myself, I either exploit bugs or steal chests. At first everyone is mad at you but then everyone gets into it and everyone starts laughing at the total mayhem it is causing.
Well could you stop? The people on that server didn't seem to get over it... at all. The mod has been out for seven days and already people have figured out how to ruin the whole game by either not letting go of chests (a chest doesn't give points if in players hand for Booty mode) or moving them out of their own area, run around till either they get killed and the enemy team gets a easy chest or hide the chest (meaning no points for anyone from that chest) till it respawns... then repeat the process.

Now the devs are going to have spend extra time before they can release the next patch figuring out a way to deal with this. Most likely they will make "chest holders" in maps. So once a chest is in on these holders it can't be taken out by team members, only enemies. Wish the devs wouldn't have to do something like that but there will always be people trying to ruin the game for others. While you probably meant to add to the crazyness, you have only given griefers a weapon to use on a mod with hardly any admins watching their servers.

Upvote 0
After playin this mod for a few days, I noticed that it has quite a few assholes. A lot of times I'll see that theres two teams of 7 and then theres a team of 2, so naturally I'll ask people to even the teams up. The only responses I get are "Aww the noob is cryin cus he ****s" or "Shut up and play". Also, I'll see people somehow taking the 1 chest inside their base and I ask them how they do it. They tell me its a glitch so I say they're exploiting. Apparently exploiting to everybody on PVK is synonomous with "Using tactics". If I ask em to stop, then they give me the same responses that I get when I ask to even teams. I've come across roughly 15 different people too so its not an isolated case. What ****s is that most people just jump on the insult bandwagon and don't back me up. A rude community really ruins the game.

Upvote 0
After playin this mod for a few days, I noticed that it has quite a few assholes. A lot of times I'll see that theres two teams of 7 and then theres a team of 2, so naturally I'll ask people to even the teams up. The only responses I get are "Aww the noob is cryin cus he ****s" or "Shut up and play". Also, I'll see people somehow taking the 1 chest inside their base and I ask them how they do it. They tell me its a glitch so I say they're exploiting. Apparently exploiting to everybody on PVK is synonomous with "Using tactics". If I ask em to stop, then they give me the same responses that I get when I ask to even teams. I've come across roughly 15 different people too so its not an isolated case. What ****s is that most people just jump on the insult bandwagon and don't back me up. A rude community really ruins the game.

welcome to the interbutt

Upvote 0