• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PS4 Splitscreen

please find a way tripwire. <3 i have faith you guy and good split screen is pretty much an open market right now. without it I know i will only buy kf2 on pc, with it myself and im sure countless others will buy it on the ps4 aswell. whatever the cost im positive the investment would be worth it.

Upvote 0
i'd be assuming tripwire is aiming at a budget price point since this is not exactly a triple A title. it makes sense not to spend resources on a difficult feature that means ultimately less sales with the chance of some conversions

if the game was aiming at being $60usd, then sure, more bang for our bucks everywhere thanks. but i'd reckon it's price point constitutes less risk than a full cost game and as such split screen is less necessary.

Upvote 0
i'd be assuming tripwire is aiming at a budget price point since this is not exactly a triple A title. it makes sense not to spend resources on a difficult feature that means ultimately less sales with the chance of some conversions

if the game was aiming at being $60usd, then sure, more bang for our bucks everywhere thanks. but i'd reckon it's price point constitutes less risk than a full cost game and as such split screen is less necessary.

You misunderstand.

The PS4 is just too **** to handle splitscreen on a game as complex as Killing Floor 2.

There will be no splitscreen for PC since there is little demand for it.

Upvote 0
your over estimating kf2's requirements

the ps4 version will not have all the eye candies and in split screen would further reduce the overall complexity to hit a specific performance goal. if splitscreen were to be a planned feature then enemy numbers would be reduced for the ps4 overall so that splitscreen play wouldn't be affected

if tripwire wanted splitscreen it wouldn't be an issue. console multiplayer fps has done splitscreen all the way back to doom.

shader wise all the screenspace techniques would probably have to be disabled so as to not overdraw onto each other. but otherwise i doubt there is any real issues.

as i've said elsewhere, ue3 was built for the x360, a 3.5GHz powerpc with 42 shader unit 512mb video card. while they're using more advanced shaders the core engine isn't much different. a ps4 will handle the engine as well as any mid range pc could

Upvote 0
your over estimating kf2's requirements

You're overestimating the specs of the PS4 in regards to Killing Floor 2 and the requirements of splitscreen. In addition you're suggesting, specifically, that Tripwire butcher Killing Floor 2 on PS4 in the interest of splitscreen. That's disgusting.

Splitscreen is basically dead these days and it's no mystery why. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you been to a college dorm lately? ;)
Yeah, we're all playing Smash 4 / Project M. But that's not splitscreen like Mario Kart 8, for example, which is only played on rare occasions. As soon as you step up to 3 players it cuts the framerate in half, down to 30. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. I love splitscreen but the general public doesn't have a huge interest in it nowadays because of online and consoles aren't powerful enough for most devs to justify throwing it in for the hell of it.

Upvote 0