• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Properly Balancing Aim Assist

Glokage

Jan 30, 2023
I'm sure many of you players already know how absurdly powerful aim assist is on KF2. A quick search will lead you to videos that proves this point. Throughout my time playing KF2, I've noticed many players outright abusing the aim assist especially when playing precision perks. What's that? A charging Fleshpound or Scrake closing the distance and are not confident with your aim? Don't worry with your upgraded deagles, SPX, or railgun (although the upgrade system is also an issue, but that is another discussion for another day) the game can automatically aim the head for you! Allowing you to make quick work on them for daring to come close. Why take the time to learn how to properly headtrack when a zed does it's scripted animations, when the game allows you to bypass that with a few spams on the ADS button. This removes the learning curve of playing a precision perk and the punishment of missed shots during critical moments. In some cases, I found the strong aim assist to be more detrimental especially when I'm playing as Commando trying to reset zed time only for my aim to automatically lock on HVT's rather than trash.

I'm not outright saying that aim assist should not be added since its obvious that controllers are less precise than M&K. If this game plans on adding cross play, then I can see (though I'm doubtful unless a PvP mode is added) how M&K players could argue to be at an disadvantage. The argument on balancing aim assist will to be a touchy subject compared to other PvP games. So my suggestion for aim assist is this: Make it so that aim assist will work by making the aim stick to the enemy fairly strong to compensate controller players, and allow the learning curve of precision perks to be present.

Upvote 0