• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Problem on level up soldiers

I can remember in Medal Of Honor Allied Assault you could choose your character, it was nice, wish we could also do it in HOS...

Character Progression: Players can gain experience and rank. Higher ranked players have access to rare weapons, equipment and classes. Higher ranked players are visually distinct from lower ranked players. If you do poorly, for example tk a lot you can rank down.

Ahhh, hopefully is this something that will give us less tkers! :D

Upvote 0
facial customization is moronic. there i said it.

no one goes around looking at faces. but changes in equipment and clothing varitations(rolled up sleeves) add a lot to atmosphere.

So when you meet some one for the first time, you don't look at their face, you just shake their hand, whilst shaking their hand you realise what distict rolled up sleeves they have. :D

Upvote 0
That's just what a vetran soldier would do, walk around on the battlefield with a bigass medal clanking around. Smart soldiers don't want anything distinguishing them apart from the others (e.g. officer insignia on the back of the helmet)
Plenty of action shots and accounts say otherwise. German soldiers in particular often wore their decorations on the battlefield. Witness many photos of soldiers in combat or hunkered down in a trench with the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse through button holes as an example. Also things like like campaign shields, tank destruction badges, special unit cuffs were sewn directly onto the uniform.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best concept system is a very old call of duty system

When you joined the server you were a private

The better you performed the more promotions you got. Eventually after an hour of playing or so you may have got Sergeant or Colonel or Super space Marine adventure pirate man.

/disconnect

/rejoin server

back to private

--------

Why is this good? It means you have to play consistently good. It will scatter the models quite nicely. Nobody tries to exploit any system unless they want to leave there computer on 24/7 to remain Knight-Captain Lord Death Star Pringles Guy.

-

Persistant stats tracking and stuff just leads to a completely different behaviour in games.

I can tell you now I will be quite happy to play countdown mode and avoid doing the objectives just to stay alive. Which creates much less fun scenarios for everybody. JUST BECAUSE of a persistent stat system?

Reactions: Nicholas
Upvote 0
Best concept system is a very old call of duty system

When you joined the server you were a private

The better you performed the more promotions you got. Eventually after an hour of playing or so you may have got Sergeant or Colonel or Super space Marine adventure pirate man.

/disconnect

/rejoin server

back to private

--------

Why is this good? It means you have to play consistently good. It will scatter the models quite nicely. Nobody tries to exploit any system unless they want to leave there computer on 24/7 to remain Knight-Captain Lord Death Star Pringles Guy.

-

Persistant stats tracking and stuff just leads to a completely different behaviour in games.

I can tell you now I will be quite happy to play countdown mode and avoid doing the objectives just to stay alive. Which creates much less fun scenarios for everybody. JUST BECAUSE of a persistent stat system?

But in a long enough game it would be mostly veterans, so its not a good system.

Upvote 0
But in a long enough game it would be mostly veterans, so its not a good system.

nobody plays 24/7... the normal rotation of players (old ones logging out, new ones logging in) should keep the ranks even, also, if you are a bad player you don't get promoted (at least not as often as good players).
so that would not happen.

Upvote 0