• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Preview patch changelog (v1011)

Nice to see you guys constantly balancing and fixing bugs.

I just finished up a game and noticed that Han's intro sequence was gone (no red banner thingy) and he was completely silent (like what sometimes occurred during v1008's intro). This is the first time it happened to me since the v1009 patch. Not sure if it was a rare occurrence I didn't encounter since the v1009 patch or just pure coincidence that it didn't happen until I got version 1011. Nothing huge, just letting you guys know.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I must say, the HX-25 is certainly more usable than it was before! Assuming the objective is to have it kill *small* groups of 3-4 enemies. It reduces the need for that alt-fire which was originally suggested, but that'd still be nice too! A similar AoE to what all 5 projectiles have. Or even a Pulverizer-style conical effect with airburst, simply spreading pellets from a further distance!

Though honestly I'd say HX-25 is looking okay so far, having tested it on Hard Solo anyway as a level 6 Demo. Probably needs something more when you add more players and difficulty, couldn't say yet.

EDIT: I'll also add, Anton's proper voice is brilliant! Everyone's voices seem fairly quiet though, I had to turn my music way down just to hear Anton's lines. Still don't know half of the ones I heard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Give commando his maximum ammo back, nerf berserker.
no, just no; commandos ammo is fine with the nerf. I can last a whole game of HOE with 6 people without running out of ammo if i make headshots, which is what you should be doing as commando. Berserker is only op when being pumped with medic darts, as is any class. Medic was fine before this patch because there were no classes that could actually deal with large zeds, but now that they're in the game, medic no longer needs to be as strong as it was. The classes that are made to kill scrakes should do so slightly better (berserker mainly because support and commando still can kill them pretty well without too much danger) and demo should do slightly more damage to FPs if they're hit to the right spots. If you think berserker is op, you're probably playing on <suicidal or doing cheese strategies where everyone stands behind a berserker while the medic heals him, which is a medic problem not a berserker problem and was possible easily even before this update.

Upvote 0
Gameplay
  • Reduced Spartan attack speed to intended value
  • Increased smash knockdown power to intended value (note: text description of perk has not changed yet)
  • Tightened spread on HX25
Audio
  • Added voice over for Strasser, replaces placeholder audio
  • Balanced all voice over audio
Optimization
  • Improved performance on Catacombs
  • General FleX optimizations
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where HX25 rounds were not dealing impact damage online
  • Fixed some zeds spawning in the wrong wave on normal length games
  • (NEW) Graphics options can once again be edited in the ini without being overwritten
Known Issue
  • Grenade supplier perk is only working once per game instead of once per wave

Good to see the HX25 is going to be more reliable past spitting distance now, also, might wanna look into heat wave, it shouldn't affect the microwave gun as microwave gun doesn't technically use fire, and is already strong enough without extra boosts, and also can corner trap scrakes/fp with the caulk n burn.

On fire weapons, are yall working on the fire view models for when they are used, cause currently it makes them....very difficult to actually use/tell where your hitting. I saw some one suggest porting in the kf1 flame thrower fire anims, and I think that would work magnificently for now until you could make an updated anim set for the fire (cause as it is it doesn't spray as far as the fire does on the weapon, just kind of a short, blinding cone in front of you) and zeds don't light on fire right away when sprayed by it, instead taking roughly a second to register as being on fire (not sure if that's intentional, it would make sense with the trench gun, but the flamethrower/caulk gun literally spray sticky flaming goo on things so...it should be instant)

Also, another note, this time for a zed boost, perhaps explosives resistance to zed size/hardness could be flip flopped, things like bloats/clots should have high resistance (as they'd be primarily damaged by shrapnel) where things like flesh pounds/scrakes/hans having lower resistance as explosives are designed to deal damage to hardened objects like tanks/walls/etc and fire resistance should be the opposite, soft zeds being more susceptible and hard zeds being more resistant. That, IMO would greatly cement the roles of demo/firebug as High Priority Target/Trash Clear. Sorry if that's overstepping, but I feel that would be a good change and would make alot of demos, and firebugs, happy (no more demo killing all the trash and the firebug killing all the FP)

Also, bonus XP for killing things with perk weapons, instead of the paltry amount it currently is, what about making it so doing that just, flatly doubles the XP you gain for that kill (ie crawlers killed with FB weaps would net 12, or FP kills as demo would net 70, same with killing stalkers and such, although mem should get XP from healing proportional to how much is healed instead of just 2xp to balance)

Upvote 0
no, just no; commandos ammo is fine with the nerf. I can last a whole game of HOE with 6 people without running out of ammo if i make headshots, which is what you should be doing as commando. Berserker is only op when being pumped with medic darts, as is any class. Medic was fine before this patch because there were no classes that could actually deal with large zeds, but now that they're in the game, medic no longer needs to be as strong as it was. The classes that are made to kill scrakes should do so slightly better (berserker mainly because support and commando still can kill them pretty well without too much danger) and demo should do slightly more damage to FPs if they're hit to the right spots. If you think berserker is op, you're probably playing on <suicidal or doing cheese strategies where everyone stands behind a berserker while the medic heals him, which is a medic problem not a berserker problem and was possible easily even before this update.

Nice try, but no other class has 25% passive resistance, 40% siren/bloat resistance, 200HP, insane speed/stumble/knockdown, infinite ammo, (zweihander, and the ability to block with their primary weapon. And why do you think people who say zerk is OP only play on hard or below? People run around destroying everything as zerk all the time in Sui-HoE. It's fun, but OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gameplay
  • Reduced Spartan attack speed to intended value
  • Increased smash knockdown power to intended value (note: text description of perk has not changed yet)
  • Tightened spread on HX25
Audio
  • Added voice over for Strasser, replaces placeholder audio
  • Balanced all voice over audio
Optimization
  • Improved performance on Catacombs
  • General FleX optimizations
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where HX25 rounds were not dealing impact damage online
  • Fixed some zeds spawning in the wrong wave on normal length games
  • (NEW) Graphics options can once again be edited in the ini without being overwritten
Known Issue
  • Grenade supplier perk is only working once per game instead of once per wave

Thank you for the update Strago!
Also, have you ever thought of an indicator of some kind for Supports carrying the supplier perk? I know a lot of people would enjoy that addition

Upvote 0
Nice try, but no other class has 25% passive resistance, 40% siren/bloat resistance, 200HP, and the ability to block with their primary weapon. Nerf zerk.

Zerker gets those things because they are supposed to be in the zeds' face and the 25% doesn't apply to siren/bloats iirc so they don't get that till 5, parry is what helps them stay alive long enough to protect the team and such. Zerker role: tank, those defensive stats allow them to do that.

Upvote 0
Whoever is doing the audio stuff at TWI tell him or her they are doing a great job with the updates. The gorefast slashing and wielding sounds have dramatically improved.

It's been a while since I've properly played the game but I do launch and play solo to see what changes have been made. I think I need to get back into this but the horror stories I am reading about the kick system is worrying, I think I need to make some friends to play online with.

Upvote 0
Do you guys really think the zerker is balanced? wow.
He has the highest DPS and the highest DEF.
And there is a bug with one of his skills what gives 10% attack speed. In reality it gives you like 100%.
Zerker is OP and you guys know it.

And he is still the only class that needs to get in close with zeds and face hug them in order to be effective.

Every other perk has ranged weapons that can easily take out zeds from a fair distance away before they are even a threat. Zerker has the nail gun (inaccurate) and the eviscerator (limited ammo and fills up the entire carry weight). Considering that he is a perk that is intended to go toe to toe with fleshpounds and scrakes he better dam well be tough. I'll be dammed if we are going back to the way zerker was before the update.

Upvote 0
try opening a test map and spawning a scrake; try killing it with the zweihander without backing up too much(in a real game you dont want to bring it into the team so it could potentially attack other people) and try killing it without losing more than 50hp. Now picture doing that in the dark on uneven ground without a medic pumping you full of darts with other zeds around. Not as op as you think now eh? As I said like 5 times, the strats that make berserker op in the new patch were possible before and just as easy (blocking stuff while everyone stands behind you). Medic is the one who allows berserker to do this, and it can be performed with any class standing at a small doorway.

And to whoever said berserker has highest dps, you're 100% wrong.
Commando can kill scrakes and fps faster, so can demo, and firebug. All can do so from a distance without getting damaged on hell on earth. Test it on a testing map. I know this because I've tested all the t3 and t4s effectiveness against large enemies on testing maps at lv 25 on HOE and calculated how much more it would take with 6 people as opposed to alone on the test map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cant be just me

Cant be just me

Seriously guys. Leave the zerker alone: we can bum him later. Right now bigger problem: insta death at 100% hp. Never happened before last patch, but sicne todays patch... twice insta death at 100% hp. Do the players now have weak points on there back now? like hans does? if so would be nice to be told this rather then having to find this out in game! Im testing this theroy out on hard for christs sake not exacly a "no pun intended" hard difficulty... Instead of saying how op or not the zerker is: try this out for yourself and give this some thought instead! very game breaking!!! (if u dont like the zerk, leave game or dont pick the class)

Upvote 0
try opening a test map and spawning a scrake; try killing it with the zweihander without backing up too much(in a real game you dont want to bring it into the team so it could potentially attack other people) and try killing it without losing more than 50hp. Now picture doing that in the dark on uneven ground without a medic pumping you full of darts with other zeds around. Not as op as you think now eh? As I said like 5 times, the strats that make berserker op in the new patch were possible before and just as easy (blocking stuff while everyone stands behind you). Medic is the one who allows berserker to do this, and it can be performed with any class standing at a small doorway.

Just tried it with 5 playerbots and spawned a scrake on HoE. Lost 10 health with armor. All you have to do is rightclick+W on his head and he falls over, then spam it until he gets up. Stepback/block and continue rightclick+W until dead. You keep talking about this camping strat with blocking and medics behind, that just makes it harder for zerk honestly. Much easier to just freeroam with a medicbuddy and smash things to death, even on HoE it's pretty easy. Maybe YOU don't feel it's overpowered because you struggle with scrakes/FP or something. But in decent hands with a medic buddy zerk is near unstoppable.
And yes, medic is close to OP, but only with this update did they get someone with huge HP and damage resist to heal, making them even more powerful. Thus nerfing zerk would fix this issue too. I'm not saying make things like they were before, but tone his stats down a bit. Make the knockdown a % chance, not guaranteed and reduce his survivability a bit so he can't just facetank 2 FP. Weaken zweihander so he doesn't have infinite ammo. Picking zerk just feels like cheating now when I play.

Upvote 0
Problem: big big problem. HANS KILLS IN ONE HIT on HARD. not suicidal or hell on earth. HARD. Please check and look into this. just saw 5 of my team mates killed instantly... Since this patch... game breaking =[

I can vouch for this. Do look into this please.

I don't need brand new players telling me I'm a nub level 25 Berserker because Hans two-hit killed me on Hard when I had 100 health and 17 armor. Hans doesn't swing sluggishly like the Patriarch did--he combos it up, stringing together hit after hit until you're (very quickly) dead. Otherwise, it'd be okay

Upvote 0
i actually didnt try it with the forward moving slash; honestly forgot it did bonus damage. But if that's the thing that causes people to be calling berserker op then they should just remove that because everything else feels a bit too weak. Trying to call berserker as a whole OP because of that is dumb though. Parrying should be more viable than just running forward and slashing. I'd say make moving forward and slashing with the zweihander should only do like 10% bonus damage not whatever it is now, and buff the parry system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0