• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible XP issue

Blasphemer

Apr 23, 2013
In KF2's Early Access FAQ TW clearly warrants that stats will be erased multiple times while the game is in that state in order to polish the game.Does that mean that anyone playing KF2 EA will not accumulate XP to level up until the game is commercialy (and officaly) released?
The FAQ makes it clear that players are allowed to participate in this state of the game so that TW will gather data on how it works based on their playtime.

You still gain XP and levels, but it's possible - even likely - that stats will have to be wiped, perhaps multiple times. It's possible that you could get one or even several perks to Level 25 only to find out that TWI has to wipe all stats with the next update. That's not meant to discourage anyone from trying to gain levels and play the game normally, but it's something everyone who does play should be aware of.

Upvote 0
In KF2's Early Access FAQ TW clearly warrants that stats will be erased multiple times while the game is in that state in order to polish the game.Does that mean that anyone playing KF2 EA will not accumulate XP to level up until the game is commercialy (and officaly) released?
The FAQ makes it clear that players are allowed to participate in this state of the game so that TW will gather data on how it works based on their playtime.

Er...no. People are leveling up as we speak in the beta. People will be leveling up in EA. But, it is most likely that people's level progression will be reset one or more times during EA.

Upvote 0
Doesn't really matter all that much to me...just means I'll be playing the game more.

Think of it as seasons in Diablo 3 where you start at lvl 1 on a new character, able to know what you want to do differently than last season.

Actually it already makes me play less...

because the first 5-10 levels are a pain...since you get litterally no bonuses, so it feels like its irrelevant what class you play...also there is litterally no joy playing commando without large mags...on the other hand with large mags bullpup feels like the one in KF1 and AK12 feels like a frigging RPK which is frigging amazing

Upvote 0