• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible UBER Zone Alarm FIX!

There are more problems than just ZA, I'm afraid.

Uninstalling ZA allowed me to get past the initial BSOD.

However, now I'm getting another fatal error:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ -1964 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.
History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

For some reason it's not recognizing either one of my 7800 GTXs. This is with SLI "off".

Anyone else having this?

Upvote 0
I know ZA, I like ZA, I feel safe with ZA. And it's my right as an american to run the firewall of my choice. It's the burdon of game designer to create a game that's compatable with the mainstream firewalls, I shouldnt need to get a new firewall every time some game dosn't agree with it.

Go freedom! Go gun rights! Go violent video games! Go America!

It's what makes us freethinking, gun-toting, newb pwning americans!

HOORAH!

Edit: Oh and grunt, congrats, you've graduated from this thread to one of the others that deal with THAT problem, heh good luck soldier.

Upvote 0
Grunt said:
There are more problems than just ZA, I'm afraid.

Uninstalling ZA allowed me to get past the initial BSOD.

However, now I'm getting another fatal error:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ -1964 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.
History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

For some reason it's not recognizing either one of my 7800 GTXs. This is with SLI "off".

Anyone else having this?

Close Steam, delete your Clientregistry.blob and load steam again.

Upvote 0
This is what worked for me:

I have zone alarm pro latest version. It was crashing for me when I first tried to run the game. So, I came here and looked for some fixes and I found a way to make the game load for me.

First, I uninstalled zone alarm (I know, I know.. but stay with me)... Then, after my computer rebooted, I:

1) Closed Steam
2) Deleted my SteamApps\[email protected]\Red Orchestra folder
3) Deleted my Steam\ClientRegistry.blob file

Then, I reinstalled zone alarm. After a reboot I:

1) Loaded Steam
2) Verified the Red Orchestra cache
3) Ran Red Orchestra

Zone alarm asked me for access permission and I granted it. Played for a few hours and had a blast.

My zonealarm firewall settings are all at the highest. Ad blocking is high and cookies is medium.

Hope this helps someone like it did for me!

Upvote 0
CaptRanger said:
This is what worked for me:

I have zone alarm pro latest version. It was crashing for me when I first tried to run the game. So, I came here and looked for some fixes and I found a way to make the game load for me.

First, I uninstalled zone alarm (I know, I know.. but stay with me)... Then, after my computer rebooted, I:

1) Closed Steam
2) Deleted my SteamApps\[email protected]\Red Orchestra folder
3) Deleted my Steam\ClientRegistry.blob file

Then, I reinstalled zone alarm. After a reboot I:

1) Loaded Steam
2) Verified the Red Orchestra cache
3) Ran Red Orchestra

Zone alarm asked me for access permission and I granted it. Played for a few hours and had a blast.

My zonealarm firewall settings are all at the highest. Ad blocking is high and cookies is medium.

Hope this helps someone like it did for me!

mhhhh my system reboots again...i hope this was not only a bad joke:eek:

same **** like yesterday and i have not see the game to this hours...

so bad !!!

now again, after i shutdown ZA: the game is unable to load, please try it again another time

is it not possible to the run the normally like other ones ??????????

i have not a problem like this before.

Upvote 0
unistalling is an option, use the firewall that comes with service pack 2 it is perfectly capable.

Try uninstalling zonealarm, restart, launch ro, play a bit, restart, reinstall RO this has worked for some people.

If it doesn't launch after unistallin ZA delete clientregistry.blob in the steam folder and restart steam. This has worked for lots of people.

Upvote 0
\\<.Adnauseam said:
Hello there,
I find the silence from the devs regarding ZA problem unacceptable. Also telling ppl to uninstall their firewalls is equally unacceptable (and yes latest version also BSOD).

Are we gonna see a fix soon? If no can we apply for a refund?

Thanks.

:confused:
LOL, refund!

I deserted ZA eons ago because it was very crappy FW in online game use.

If you can't configure your firewall, don't blame the devs.

I have been kerio 4 for two years and it has never had problems with games.

Upvote 0
spraduke said:
unistalling is an option, use the firewall that comes with service pack 2 it is perfectly capable.

Try uninstalling zonealarm, restart, launch ro, play a bit, restart, reinstall RO this has worked for some people.

If it doesn't launch after unistallin ZA delete clientregistry.blob in the steam folder and restart steam. This has worked for lots of people.

Yea sure Windows Firewall with win2k ;)

Nope it has not worked for a "lot" of people, more like a couple.

Upvote 0