• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible planned Bosses/Zeds in new KF2 promo

marviraptor

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
Here're a scrapped/boss variation of Bloat and an interesting tentacle/plant Zed labeled "The Pit" :
http://imgur.com/tEzpFEs
tEzpFEsh.jpg

Also what seem to be concept arts for "Mosquito-Man" (upper mid), Robot (upper mid, probably Husk), flying-insect Zeds (bottom mid), flower/orchid things (bottom mid), and some sort of weapons I couldn't make out on the far right.
http://imgur.com/WS73CQL
WS73CQLh.jpg

Last edited:
If you've noticed on the new maps there are roots that look like the tentacles on that plant thing.

The bloat was probably just a first draft. In higher difficulties the bloat attacks you by rubbing its belly on you. People didn't really think it made much sense why that hurts you but if the idea for that attack was carried over from that draft for the bloat where he has teeth there it makes sense.

On your "mosquito man" it has a name. I can't make out the first word but the second word definitely says clot. So another variant i'm guessing, a flying clot is an interesting idea though.

The robot looks like the mechanical man which replaced the husk in the summer events in KF1.

Your orchards are gorefast blades and that picture seems to be labeled gorefast. So it seems that's just early concept art for what the gorefast would look like in this game.

Also you didn't mention the siren (bottom left) it seems she had a much more humanlike appearance in the early concepts.

The far top right has many different horzine logos and something with a 2 at the end of it, probably a killing floor 2. Seems that page is probably getting the designs for the logos in the game. Deciding what they want it to look like.

Upvote 0
Excuse me but are these pictures supposed to be seen by the public? Just cause, you know, if they are not, then they should probably be kept off the official forums. I'm not sure, I just never saw these pictures before.

But that tentacle plant thing looks terrifying, I'd love and hate to run into it in a bossfight.

I have been thinking it would be kinda cool to have a boss that's not sentient like Hans or the Patriarch, just a huge primal beast.

Upvote 0
Wow,that plant monster looks terrifyingly awesome! I surely hope we'll see it as a boss or big zed!

I'm also interested in the butcher looking zed (Scrake variant?) and the insectoid-looking robot right next to it.

Just as I was telling myself that after that amazing new design for the patriarch it would be great to have new bosses/zeds to fight!

Upvote 0
I wonder how "The Pit" would fit into the game's lore, since every other zed was designed to look liked they evolved from a humanoid clot, or just mutated human. I can't see any trace of that in the the Pit. Perhaps they planned to have a whole different branch of plant based zeds in the future?

Upvote 0
All zed are clones from the original: The Clot. Each of them are mutated into a different class. In a sense, zed are all mutants.

That's not entirely true.

The Siren was created from Kevin's wife. The clot was created from his son. The patriarch is Kevin himself, though who knows if the original is alive or dead at this point. Hans doesn't seem to be a zed at all but a regular human in a mechanical suit to enhance his strength and durability. I don't think it's said anywhere how the other zeds came about but there's nothing saying they came from the same DNA used to create the clot.

Upvote 0
That's not entirely true.

The Siren was created from Kevin's wife. The clot was created from his son. The patriarch is Kevin himself, though who knows if the original is alive or dead at this point. Hans doesn't seem to be a zed at all but a regular human in a mechanical suit to enhance his strength and durability. I don't think it's said anywhere how the other zeds came about but there's nothing saying they came from the same DNA used to create the clot.

You get the point. Cloned mutated zed

Upvote 0
Keep in mind alot of games have alot of concept art that never makes it in the game.

But these are pretty interesting I have to say.
I was thinking the other day about the mini bosses from KF1 in that doom monster mod, it was a pretty fun thing. It wasnt always the same every game either (if I'm correct). Added a lot of variety to the game.

Upvote 0
I like some of the stuff in the concept art in the OP and the art book. The hook-handed Scrake design and that Bloat are interesting, they have some kind of dark medieval fantasy vibe to them, the Scrake even more so with that piece of GrimDark architecture on his back. It contrasts with the modern/sci-fi-ish maps, weapons, and present-day characters.

Kinda reminds me of that movie, Event Horizon.

Upvote 0
How would you think that Pit sounds like?
I'm thinking it has very high pitched screams - something like the Siren, but instead of those long even-sounding screams, it's much more hectic and frenzied. Like imagine the Slasher with the sound of the Siren, something like that.

That's what I imagine too. Some kind of high-pitched shriek while he's attacking (or whatever he could do)

Upvote 0