• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible Clown Car/Satchel Solution?

LazerMane said:
Last i checked, offroading on a perfectly flat polygon wasn't that hard...
The perfectly flat polygon is supposed to represent off-road terrain, with rocks, debris, mud, grass, squirrels, logs and anything else one would expect to find in an uncultivated plot of land.

Since we cant have all these things with this game engine, it is a feasible solution to tweak the abilities of the armored car to behave as if these factors were effecting its performance.

Upvote 0
BobCobb said:
There are many different solutions to the issue.

1. Nerf the satchels a bit. No instant tanks kills, unless you get the satchel underneath the tank. Other wise the most you could do is blow out a track.

2. Longer in/out animations. Necessary no matter what, but this would seriously fix alot of the problems.

3. Slow the offroading abilities of the BA. This will make it an easier target.

If we wanted a realistic game, these implementations would be appropriate. However, 3 should be a last resort, as it would most likely make the BA useless.

I completely agree.

For those of you who think that the pics showing Russians riding on cars prove that they were used to close assault tanks with satchel charges... Well... They weren't.

What's happening here is that people are taking advantage of some of the game's "inconsistancies" to promote ridiculous gameplay.

The worst is the "insta-eject" feature from vehicles. Getting out of these vehicles was difficult, and being able to do so instantly is blatently wrong. I can't count the number of times I've gotten on a tank's flank with a Faust only to have the commander magically appear outside the tank and spray me down with his SMG. Dumb.

Secondly, satchel charges are GROSSLY overpowered against vehicles in this game. In order to disable a tank, the satchel would need to be placed on a vulnerable spot, such as the suspension, engine deck, or turret overhang. Laying 10kg of explosives NEXT TO a tank isn't going to accomplish ANYTHING.

Finally, vehicles do NOT suffer terrain penalties in this game, so all vehicles are zipping around at their road speeds. Hopefully the devs will get around to modifying the terrain so that vehicle's speeds will be adjusted on the type of ground they are trying to cross.

Scout cars were used for reconassaince. They were NEVER used to close assault tanks. Period. No picture of the BA64 driving down city streets with infantry riding on top will change that fact, no matter how much you'd like it to.

Upvote 0
Let people ride on top of the cars if they want. You can, so why not right? But, in the next patch, add terrain penalties, make BA a little less bullet proof (honest to God I fired the Tiger's 88 point blank at one of these damned things and the shell BOUNCED OFF THE FRONT OF THE CAR. That's actually happened more than once in my experiences too. Not cool) and get rid of the instant-eject-from-the-car-moving-at-50kph thing. That said, it'd be nice if the game allowed for infatry to get a ride on tanks or the BA without having to hop on the thing like an idiot.

Upvote 0