• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Port or FTP protocol in redirect KF2

I don't think so. The risk is that you spend more time on non issue when lot of real issues which are here since day one (broken welcome screen from webadmin, broken workshop where server thinks item is up to date and never updates it, you know things like that).

On the other end I also think this may not be lot of work in the code to add the possibility of having the port defined, or not, in the URL. This is your call devs...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know what, I ran across a similar issue last week. One of my players for c&c:renegade wasn't able to join and after testing I figured her school blocked port 5000. Wasn't about to edit the server for one person, so googled around and ran across a few things. Most port redirecting tricks are setup for only TCP, but I found one that uses UDP too.
Google for sudppipe by Luigi Auriemma. I was able to run it so port 5001 was linked to port 5000. You might be able to do something with it.
When I get home I'll edit this with the commands I used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
sbvinboxru;n2306275 said:
Why in Kf1 with these problems were not?

You should stop comparing KF1 with KF2 and stop asking this question. You are comparing apples to oranges. Two entirely different games. KF1 started as an Unreal Tournament 2004 MOD. It was not its own game. It had an entire other game underneath its foundation. KF2 was built from the ground up on a different game engine.

Regardless of that, it could be as simple as: They felt like adding it in KF1 and they didn't feel like adding it in KF2. There are a lot of possible reasons. The only way to know for sure is asking a Developer.

As it stands what you want to do can't currently be done.

Upvote 0
Slie;n2306286 said:
You should stop comparing KF1 with KF2 and stop asking this question. You are comparing apples to oranges. Two entirely different games. KF1 started as an Unreal Tournament 2004 MOD. It was not its own game. It had an entire other game underneath its foundation. KF2 was built from the ground up on a different game engine.

Regardless of that, it could be as simple as: They felt like adding it in KF1 and they didn't feel like adding it in KF2. There are a lot of possible reasons. The only way to know for sure is asking a Developer.

As it stands what you want to do can't currently be done.

You must stop telling me that kf1 and kf2 are different things. These are different versions of the same engine. What can be done in kf1 then 200% can be done in kf2.
I created a topic not for talking about version, but for help me.

Upvote 0
omano;n2306192 said:
That is good tip, same kind of what Patros suggested. But not possible in his case as the port 80 is already in use for another web server (the one he refuses to use for unknown reasons).

PS: the message you sent before you edited was absolutely different (received it in my mail box notification) I guess you read the read again ;)

Shush you, I didn't want to start a fight. :p

Upvote 0