• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

poll on ZA users

poll on ZA users

• Total voters
HotDawgz said:
I used ZA Security Suite (Full version, payed etc) but i'll just use Kerio Firewall 'till they fix the issue.
I used the Same as you.My subcription was up for it so i went to Outpost Pro(really just to try it out)And Bought it.I also picked up KAV as well.To me this set-up is far better Resorce Wise to ZA-SS.Yes i also used ZA in one form or another for almost 6 years and can say Outpost/KAV set-up IMHO is far better.To me it just took this to make me see other things.ZA-AV in SS is no Match For KAV.

Upvote 0
The thing that work for me.... using Zone Alarm Pro latest version.

( big thanks to Dwarden on IRC chat! )

1. Try to start the game for first time and the PC reboots :confused: (let this happens)

2. In WinXP again... Go to Zone Alarm "Program Control" (advanced) and remove ALL the entries related with STEAM and Red Orchestra.

3. Uninstall Zone Alarm and Reboot

4. Start the game, this time works :cool: Only I play a little, you know firewall is not running...

5. Reboot

6. Reinstall Zone Alarm and reboot

7. Run STEAM, Zone alarm will detect it AGAIN and of course you will give full access...

8. Run Red Orchestra, Zone Alarm will detect it again and of course you will give it full access...

9. PLAY and PLAY and PLAY :D with Zone Alarm firewall active, even in HIGH!!! and Program Control in MED.

Hope this can help to others....

Upvote 0
i tried that and it didnt work, has anyone tried playing with the most recent version of ZA?

-> zlsSetup_61_744_000_en

i have seen alot of info regarding using version zlsSetup_61_737_000_en but i dont know about the most recent version, i feel reluctant to try it as i will have to go and unistall and reinstall and setup etc.

i would be prepared to do this if i knew it was going to work.

Upvote 0
who said:
i tried that and it didnt work, has anyone tried playing with the most recent version of ZA?

-> zlsSetup_61_744_000_en

i have seen alot of info regarding using version zlsSetup_61_737_000_en but i dont know about the most recent version, i feel reluctant to try it as i will have to go and unistall and reinstall and setup etc.

i would be prepared to do this if i knew it was going to work.

It makes no difference unfortunately.

I was using 6.1.737 and it worked for 1 night. So I tried the complete uninstall, reinstall (to ver 6.1.744) etc but it didn't work and my security settings got corrupted when I backed them up so I've had to start from scratch again, bah.

I also tried RO with just Windows Firewall (it worked) but when I reinstalled ZA the spyware checker came back with 3 different infections 2 trojans and a dialler, so don't bother its not worth it.

BTW I think there is a problem with 6.1.737 that doesn't allow auto update and also the 'check for updates' button always claims that you have the latest version installed.

So I reckon if you are going to get the newer version just Upgrade rather than the full uninstall,reinstall (unless you are having other probs) and that way you can keep all your settings intact.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
thanks for the info, it doesnt really help beacause im still unable to play RO, which really pisses me off having spent money and lots of time trying to make it work!

and im annoyed because i come on these forums everyday and i still havent seen a thread reassuring peeps like me that something is being done!

Upvote 0