• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please post your retail box findings (merged)

I called my Best Buy and Comp USA stores here in San Bernardino, CA. Best Buy reports 12 copies on March 22 and Comp USA says they will have theirs on March 17th, not sure of how many, I just want a boxxed version as well to add the box to my collection above my PC with all my other boxxed WW2 titles.

SunWheel
300,000 Ruskies dead and counting !!!

Upvote 0
EB Games in Pentagon Mall in Arlington VA, doesn't have it nor do they have it on any incoming-games list. In fact, all of the clerks in the store had never heard of it and were surprised when I described it to them.

They did admit, however, that just because they'd never heard of it didn't mean that the game wasn't going to be sold in their store.

Upvote 0
|KHSG|_Roamer said:
They did admit, however, that just because they'd never heard of it didn't mean that the game wasn't going to be sold in their store.
Trust your eyes, not the clerks. I had the same thing happen to me with Pacific Fighters (the IL-2 Sturmovik expansion/game).

EB Clerk 1: "Never heard of it." Turns to Clerk 2: "Do you know what it is?"
EB Clerk 2: "Nothing like that here."

I wander around the store disappointed. Two minutes later I come back to the counter. "It looks kinda like this...." I plop the dusty-from-the-bottom-shelf Pacific Fighters box on the counter and give them a "you're both dumbf***s" look.

Upvote 0
Any retail store sightings yet?

Any retail store sightings yet?

Just curious, has anybody spotted this game in a retail store yet? I purchased my version from Steam, but I would like to get my son a boxed version... Heh! Thanks for any positive input... :)

BTW, the game is awesome! (even got my 14 year old son hooked) :cool:

For the fatherland! :D

Upvote 0
WickedPenguin said:
Trust your eyes, not the clerks. I had the same thing happen to me with Pacific Fighters (the IL-2 Sturmovik expansion/game).

EB Clerk 1: "Never heard of it." Turns to Clerk 2: "Do you know what it is?"
EB Clerk 2: "Nothing like that here."

I wander around the store disappointed. Two minutes later I come back to the counter. "It looks kinda like this...." I plop the dusty-from-the-bottom-shelf Pacific Fighters box on the counter and give them a "you're both dumbf***s" look.

I can only hope that's the fact around here. The guys at Futureshop don't have it coming, supposedly, and neither do the guys at EB Games. I'm going crazy without this freaking game lol. Waiting to be able to afford my new PC and to play Oblivion on is hard enough.

Upvote 0
Divinehammer said:
I hope people post when the find it. amazon does not have it which is where bold sells their other games, best buy doesnt even have it in their coming soon list. all very disappointing. with some of the bugs I am seeing I dont want to get it from steam with all of the bugs that i have seen.
You do realize that the boxed version is identical with the Steam version, and requires Steam to run it anyway?

(What I'm waiting for are official printable backup DVD covers... :p)

Upvote 0
Divinehammer said:
with some of the bugs I am seeing I dont want to get it from steam with all of the bugs that i have seen.

i have to say i was leery of buying from steam and not having an actual cd when i bough hl2, but i did it anyway. i haven't regretted it. in fact i really think steam is great and i can't understand why many people hate it. you get your patches automatically, your game are tied to your account so you can never lose them, and if you really need a hard copy you can use the built in backup tool to burn your gcf files.

if only i enjoyed any of my valve games, life would be perfect! :p but seriosuly, why don't you just buy via steam? for one thing, afaik the devs will make more money if you do, which means they survive longer and can create more cool stuff.

Upvote 0