• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Buff Octo!

MellowRaindrop

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 24, 2024
Octo is great, his character build is exceptional but his Expertise selection and Weapons are awful. For a character who costs 1500 credits, he deserves a lot better.

The damage output on all three weapons is poor, especially outside of ADS. A lot of characters can get away with not needing to aim to kill players, but with such low rates of fire and damage Octo needs to work twice as hard to get kills in the same way as Cavaliere and Madame Xiu.

On Pulpi, it takes AT LEAST 10 body shots to kill a player. This, coupled with the slow rate of fire makes firefights difficult and boring. the ADS allows you to keep firing, yes, but it isn't worth aiming down the sights when you don't get a damage increase or better accuracy in this scenario.

The spin cycle on Nautilo sucks I get the overheat function stops players from firing 300 rounds of fury at any given time, but its slow build up time and weak damage means that players aren't afraid to go toe to toe against you like they should be. There should at least be an option to turn on the spin function so you can prepare in case of a gun fight.

Calamari is the best option and in my opinion the easiest weapon Octo has to use. Being fully automatic is great even if it has terrible DPS and the ADS is super strong.

The only Expertise worth using is Cash Out. On the House is essentially a waste of a slot compared to hack trap and Make 'em Fold doesn't work when you have full intel.
Here are my proposed changes for primary fire weapon damage.

Pulpo: 10 -> 15/20

Nautilo 5 -> 7/8 + option to turn on the spin cycle early

Calamari 6 -> 10

On The House - Allow it to drain intel AND COVER.

Make 'em Fold - Make it drain intel even if your intel or gradually drain their cover.