• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please allow us to disable upgrades.

Panzer Jager '43

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Currently some upgrades that exist provide both a benefit and a disadvantage, and sometimes they are just simply ugly. I know this is not the first time this has been brought up, but nobody ever realized that some upgrades provide disadvantages.

I think it would be great if we could disable upgrades, atleast in the Weapon Progression screen.

This way, if I felt the desire, I could use the ZF41 scope on the G41(w) Sniper instead of the ZF4 - since the ZF4 forces you to reload with individual shells. This is a pretty big disadvantage in certain scenarios.

Or I could take off my bayonet (an issue that should be fixed later through allowing us to put on and remove in-game, but for now just toggling in Progression screen should be fine.)

Maybe with this system there will be a bit of "personalized" weapons - like using the Kar98k with hood removed, but without a bayonet, or an MkB42 with just the Scope.

Again, we may earn upgrades but we may not necesarily want them - for many reasons (disadvantages, appearance, etc.)
While I think this should be relatively low-priority compared to some of the more demanding issues in this game (performance, bugs), it definitely should be a feature that should be included soon.

Last edited:
Rather than having straight upgrades you should retain the original and get the new varient as a new selectable weapon. So you would have KAR with bayo, Kar without, MP40 and MP40-II etc. This would do away with needing to work on animation for bayo and give people freedom of choice. You should be able to customize your character before joining multiplayer, with your selection automatically saved for when you use the class. They could add little realistic tweaks to weapon stats to give incentives for people to use different weapon types, but nothing silly and bad for balance

Upvote 0
+1 Panzer Jager 43, we really need this!

I don't think it would take much work to implement, and I KNOW it will make everyone happy. So for TWI it's very much a case of: Small effort, BIG reward !

Will make the game twice as fun and immersive if this ability to choose your unlocks gets implemented, and four times more fun if the bayonets are made detachable ingame!

PLEASE TWI, HEAR OUR PRAYERS !!

:)

Upvote 0
i hope they do it. i always refused to put a bayo on my rifle even in ladder wars. beacuse in the first point it looked so ugly on the german rifle and to the second it wans't attached that often by the germans. they considered it obsolte and preffered the sapde as a melee tool. As can be read in numerous accounts.

Upvote 0