• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playerbase is getting weaker and weaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the player amounts per day according to steam stats are not as high as RO1 and KF were at this time, they seem to have steadied.

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=q35450&jstime=1&from=1315803600000

While the game seems to have released in an unfavourable state, its time is not over yet. The clock is ticking and its going to be rough, but its not over yet, as long as TWI keeps an ear open.

Especially price drops eventually will bring in more players as do big updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think many players, who enjoy and like the game, might have burned out on it a bit. I played massively in the beta and lots after release. I still want to play it but have a slight aversion towards the intensity of top-notch-seat-of-you-pants-warfare at the moment. I've felt the need to chill for a while and play lots of slow paced strategy or 3rd person adventure games instead.

Game runs really nice for me and I'd like to level up a bit (stuck at 18 for a while) but I just can't bother to go online. I might be on leave or something.
I think others might be too.
Also longing for new maps :)

Upvote 0
I wouldn't exactly say the clock is ticking, personally I'll come back to the game whenever performance is fixed. Whether that be tomorrow or 2 months from now, there's no deadline to where I won't play the game ever anymore. At the moment my only complaint is the terrible latency, every server you go into the pings range between 100-300, that's not acceptable.

Their answer to the situation infuriated me to the point where I'm not going to bother until it's addressed. Instead of taking ownership, they blamed it on the servers not being specced high enough to handle the game. Either way you look at it, the responsibility falls on TWI, because there are servers with the best technology available and still the pings there are bad. So either something is wrong with the netcode, or you've developed a game that no modern server can properly support.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't exactly say the clock is ticking, personally I'll come back to the game whenever performance is fixed.

You and me, but a lot of people lack patience. There is time until the next thing that takes people's interest, for some there will be none leaving a lot of time, for some bf3 or the new cod will be the end time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now, i dont mean this as a doomsayer, but steamgraphs lies. To me the only true measure is the server browser.

I can barely find 6 servers with players at 3-7 pm pst, that should be peak hours on west coast us, but theres hardly anyone on.
different time and places my friend,EU peak time at least 10 server 64 players full and lots of full 24,32,48 slot servers.Little on the lower count when is USA peak time...

Upvote 0
I've been rather frustrated that I haven't been able to find servers with a ping below 160 at prime times in the US. It's like the US players have just stopped playing ...

its a lag problem,everybody has it,there is not server below 120 ping in USA for me too,everybody is effected by this since 2 patches a go.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.