• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

pink text hard to read in game..

pink text hard to read in game..

• Yes

Votes: 58 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Never notice

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters
Yes, the text is really hard to read sometimes - search and you will find quite alot of topics about this. Although I must say that I no longer have any problem reading the text, the text became readable when I raised my resolution a bit (from 1024x768 to 1280x1024), if you can set it at 1280, give it a try. I still think there should be some sort of shadow behind the text though.

Upvote 0
It would also be nice if the location of the speaker was in, say, yellow. That's the most important information after all, and currently it's very difficult to make out where reports are coming from... That makes reporting of enemy sightings or of a need for assitance quite useless. The only thing you succeed in doing is to alert the enemy of your presence.

With the current voice system, it's next to impossible to pin-point where the sound is coming from, so we do need some aid on the field. A distinctive colour might help.

Upvote 0
What I would suggest:

1. I'd unify all messages in the same message window and let we toggle which level of information we'd like displayed (system, kill, all, team etc). For each kind of message allow selection of text foreground colors
2. allow selection of background transparency from entirely tranparent like we have now to entirely black
3. allow message area to be set in a different place. I'd rather see it on the bottom of the screen where it would not interfere. Only problem here is that you already have hud there but we could have it somewhere else right? I'd use it as a toggled information displayed somewhere else on screen
4. let us have some pre-defined number of channels so that we can choose which we want: channel to chat with an individual player, public channel, team channel etc.

Upvote 0