• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perks synergy

Krotz

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
I was thinking that it would be a good idea to implement level 6 as a meta synergy perk.
For example, the requirements for one such perk would be several thousand headshots with bullpup/ak47 and then the commando would get sharpshooter's extra headshot damage. Of course, the requirement would also be both level 5 commando and level 5 sharpshooter so it would really take very very long to acquire it.
Each class would be able to combine a variety of such meta synergy perks.

Do you think this is a good idea?

P.S.
If you don't know what the word synergy means just recall Diablo 2:LoD skill/spell system.

Last edited:
You cannot just increase perks without rebalancing the Zeds damage and so such a change would just leave you in the same position as you started i.e. level 5 at the moment. Great news! a perk 6 added but it's just a pyrrhic victory and not dissimilar to making an amp that goes up to 11 unless there is a more fundamental change and rebalancing implemented - it ain't WoW where you can add another 10 levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps my point was not exactly to the point. Perks in the mod were heavily based on a give and take formula between them. You could only access a perk if specific conditions were met and only one level was available. Having a perk is inherently better but switching to a different perk meant different buffs (speed, healing, headshot damage, reload speed).

Adding perks doesn't change the balance as long as they come at expense of another perk; i.e. a perk that buffed LAW would come at the expense of only getting a LAW buff. (not that this should be added)

Adding levels to the perks turns into a buff with no draw backs. People would expect you to have level 6 in suicidal. Difficult curve falls, maybe buff specs, people want harder enemies, people want easier enemies, people want leveling levels to grind, ect.

Level 6 perks don't add much value to the game past a grind time-sucking drain and mess with balancing.

Upvote 0
I was thinking that it would be a good idea to implement level 6 as a meta synergy perk.
For example, the requirements for one such perk would be several thousand headshots with bullpup/ak47 and then the commando would get sharpshooter's extra headshot damage.

So that it makes an uber-perk that's ridiculously overpowered? Yeah, makes perfect sense... A Commando with Sharpshooter headshot damage is gamebreaking beyond belief...

Your remark is non sequitor.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean you need to bust out words you just learned in a Political Sciences class, like Strawmanning and Non-Sequitor.

Learn to take criticism and realize that not every one of your ideas is going to be unanimously agreed with.

Unless of course you're trolling. If so, then carry on, you're doing well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For example, the requirements for one such perk would be several thousand headshots with bullpup/ak47 and then the commando would get sharpshooter's extra headshot damage. Of course, the requirement would also be both level 5 commando and level 5 sharpshooter so it would really take very very long to acquire it.
Each class would be able to combine a variety of such meta synergy perks.

Do you think this is a good idea?

P.S.
If you don't know what the word synergy means just recall Diablo 2:LoD skill/spell system.

So it'll be like this, I got a comando with a bullpup that +50% dam (from comando perk) and another 50% from sharpshooter perk, has another 150% dam per head shot (which can be achieve 90% the time I use any bullpup), has 37% larger clip size, 25% faster reload (from comando) and another 50% reload speed (from sharpshooter), can penetrate 90% better (from support class) and shot 6 bullets at a time (like a shotgun). I also carry 2x grenades, with 50% more explosive damage and 50% more fire damage. Well, I've lost count how invicible I am...

Sounds great. I want it, TWI....

Uh oh. Except, Yo dawg, I hear you like shooting, so I put a gun in a gun in a gun, so you can shoot while you're shooting while you're shooting. I also put a grenade in a grenade, so you can blow things up while blowing them down :))
13160_full.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You cannot just increase perks without rebalancing the Zeds damage and so such a change would just leave you in the same position as you started i.e. level 5 at the moment. Great news! a perk 6 added but it's just a pyrrhic victory and not dissimilar to making an amp that goes up to 11 unless there is a more fundamental change and rebalancing implemented - it ain't WoW where you can add another 10 levels.
lol sometimes I wonder if killing floor 2 could be an mmo

Upvote 0
Do you think it would have been better for the firebug class to be a part of support class since it is that and there are no weapons besides flamethrower, and it would fit well with increased grenade damage and incendiary shotgun shells?

P.S.
Even the new content confirms this, every class got something except for firebug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0