• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance issues (FPS Stuttering/Hitching)

Hazlazm

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2017
Hey all.

I have some performance issues when playing. I've tried everything from reformatting windows, disabling/enabling different stuff and I have googled and tried almost everything I've found. I installed Red Orchestra 2 a few days ago to see if the problem is present in that game as well, and yes it is.

While moving, the game "hitch" or stutter. I move, everything is smooth then 0.1 stutter, smooth, 0.1 stutter etc. The frequency seems to vary. This is easily tested by spectacting and moving the camera around. I launched a game without bots in Red Orchestra 2 and it was fine, then with 64 bots and the hitching was present.

I noticed that CPU Usage is 100% while GPU Usage is 30-40% in Red Orchestra 2.

I have a 1070 GTX, i7700k 4.5ghz, SSD, 16GB Ram. CPU and GPU temperatures are normal.

This issue is not present while playing Dishonored 2, ARMA 3 and very rarely in BF1.

Comrade Kaizer;n2295440 said:
I had noticed some issues when I first ran the game on launch day. Turns out it defaults to Borderless Window, changed it to full screen, disabled smoothing and have had no issues (Ultra settings). I'm pretty sure that might not be the smoking gun here but just a heads up in case.

I've done that, just like the OP, it matters not what settings I play with. I've unchecked everything and set everything to low, the stuttering still remains. It makes the game into an unplayable sideshow and I've seen no fix or hint of a patch in sight.

I've submitted a refund request as a result.

Upvote 0
There is only one solution to achieve better performance but don't think for a moment that we talk about buttery smooth.
To reduce stuttering / hickups and to achieve max fps u will need to max out the gpu usage but dont overexceed it and forget about the cpu usage completely.
In my case i used msi afterburner + afterburner server + afterburner on android monitoring my gpu usage and configuring the settings that i like, i achieved max usage and the game was smoother and my fps increased. I did so on ro2 and it works the same for rs2 ... same settings too ...
It's a hassle i know but i spend countless hours trying every possible solution on the net non worked for me.
If u care enough try what i mentioned before but like i told u it will improve but it wont play like cs go or cod or bf it will still have some issues but at least will be playable

ps. it's funny that when u play on low settings the game has significant worse fps :p

edit: do this so u can reduce the bottleneck

Last edited:
Reactions: SoFGR1
Upvote 0