• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Performance issue related to sound

Wrafe

Aug 29, 2011
I'm running a machine w/ Realtek onboard, and my game has small micro pauses in the video and audio simultaneously. I'm running the latest drivers for both.

When I go into my sound windows settings and change it from 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) TO 24 bit, 44100 Hz (Studio Quality) most of the pauses go away while playing and it is a much more enjoyable experience. But it's not perfect.

Hopefully this info helps?

Side note: I had to uncheck the one-frame setting and re-check it for it to kick on and gain that performance boost.

I have realtek audio onboard, i could try reproducing this, haven't updated the drivers in a while :p

Edit - what are your audio drivers?

BTW I would only give this a go if you are experiencing the same issues I have. the 44100 issue is known, but doesn't appear to affect everybody.

Driver link is coming. It needs moderator help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have realtek onboard audio and the only sound issues I was having is not hearing when anyone was using teamchat in game. (occasionally would, but it was rare.) I thought this was just a game issue. I'll try making the adjustment u mentioned.

New issues I started having after this last patch is when I try to talk to my team in game, it automatically messes up my settings and adjusts them for my teamspeak. It lowers the volume greatly. Anyone have a fix for that? Thanks...

Upvote 0
I have a funny feeling that some of my performance issues are related to sound even though I have a high end sound card (X-fi gamer)
The reason I say this is that I get bad performance on low GFX settings as well as higher ones. Maxing out post processing and AA effects give me the same performance as lowering them, which strikes me as odd.
Even though it shouldn't affect me I'm going to try reducing my sound to 44.1 from 48khz and let you know if I get a result.

Upvote 0