• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

performance is perfect after the latest patch

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
running everything on medium, shadows high, and motion blur, ambient occulsion, vsync, and one other option(forgot which one lol) off, and i am getting 30-40 fps, which is more than good enough for me. the only bad thing is i still drop to 10-15 fps in smoke.

really, as long as they fix the smoke fps, the hit detection, map voting, and sorting on the server browser, the game looks ready for release to me

i've played 5 hours today :IS2: and i only crashed once, and i didnt encounter any 3rd person animation oddities or other well known glitches like no sound

it was horrible after yesterday, but the server browser update they released today somehow made everything better for me. either that, or horse's suggestion of putting shadows on high, really helped. i mainly play on 64 player servers as well

Wait, how does putting shadows on high improve performance? That doesn't sound right, can you direct to who told you this?

Upvote 0
At first I couldn't play at all after the patch. I did a system defrag and everything worked a lot better.

On a 32 player server I get a pretty good FPS of a steady 40-50. On a 55 player server I get a still pretty good FPS of about 30-40 FPS. On a 64 player server I get a average FPS of 20-25. however it constantly dips in heavy fire. A little more optimization should do the trick.

Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0
update: i know a good amount of people who have had dramatic performance increases after changing shadows from low to medium or medium to high. if you increase shadows and keep everything else on whatever is reccomended (for me medium) you should get good performance with very little crashing (I had 2 crashes in 10 hours of play yesterday-I'm addicted :IS2:)

also, I get zero fps drops in smoke and artillery now.

Upvote 0
At first I couldn't play at all after the patch. I did a system defrag and everything worked a lot better.

On a 32 player server I get a pretty good FPS of a steady 40-50. On a 55 player server I get a still pretty good FPS of about 30-40 FPS. On a 64 player server I get a average FPS of 20-25. however it constantly dips in heavy fire. A little more optimization should do the trick.

This is what gets to me the most.

My gpu truns at 70%. I can live with that.

The annoying thing is that my FPS (and gpu usage) at l

Upvote 0