• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open donations to the game

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Instead of offering some DLC weapons that some people are not willing to pay for, you can open donations for the development of the game. I would rather pay for a donation rather than paying for a weapon that I know that is not helpful in gameplay for me.
For example the gunslinger has enough weapons and I don't need the Glock 18c, the same case goes with the demolitionist, it has so many weapons that The blunderbuss is not more useful than the seeker 6 or the seal squeal or the RPG-7. The Commando has a lot of weapons in his arsenal and he already has a light machine gun so he knew minigun might bring a change but the weapons that he has are enough. Mosin nagant doesn't do more damage than the railgun, AMR, compound bow and has a lot of spread for some reason. There are other DLC weapons that are useful but these aren't ( at least to me)
That's why opening donations for the game would get it more money than these DLCs as I imagine not a lot of people buy them

Well, DLCs already prove to be quite unpopular among the players... So I doubt that handling out money for NOTHING would suit any better. One could (and should) think that we got years worth of free content, and not only that : but that doing so could help expand the lifetime of the game. But I don't know... I don't think it would rake in much more money.

And I won't lie, I personally prefer to pay Tripwire while still receiving something in exchange. I already find the price tag of DLC weapons to be a tad too expensive, so I would AT LEAST expect to get something out of it.

I'm not against helping people with their projects. I actually often back-up kickstarters (and the like) if I trust the project of someone enough. But here, yeah... I don't know. Considering we're already at nearly 100 bucks worth of DLC, I'd say that if every player would buy that, it would surely already help Tripwire already.

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0