• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Only 850 players on line at 22.00 Saturday worrying g

BF3, MW3 and Skyrim released within one month. One should expect people playing other games for a while.

RO2 activity will begin to pick up again around new year or so...thats my guess.
Maybe some of the newcomers did that, but I think the majority of the core gamers are just dissatisfied with the product TWI sold.

BTW it's only natural since we all know RO2 is neither fish nor meat. So the appeal is really limited. I hope the cash is good enough to have lost the respect of so many many gamers. I bought RO2 DD only because I wanted to support TWI. Not again.

personally the release of BF3 MW3, and skyrim would batter any games numbers
There are currently more people playing Plants vs Zombies. Not hardcore enough? There are more people playing the Demo [sic!] of Football Manager 2012 (good game btw).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly, first, it shouldn't have been RELEASED in this state to begin with, and secondly, you ought to know damned well by now that it is NOT peoples' computers or settings in most cases, but poor optimization!

Really? It seems to me a lot of people having issues are running near the minimum system specs. So I don't know about most.

Upvote 0
Why do we always have to have you annoying apologists who try to shift the blame away from Tripwire, and in some cases, onto the consumer?

I can't even remember the last time I played it. It's not encouraging to come back and see that in the 3 weeks or so, only one patch has been released, which didn't really change anything important. I have no desire to re-install, so I'll keep playing BF3 and Skyrim until something big happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BF3, MW3 and Skyrim released within one month. One should expect people playing other games for a while.

RO2 activity will begin to pick up again around new year or so...thats my guess.

That's the key i wager. Playing a lot of Skyrim myself :D

@Affenjunge: except i wager the core gamers are quite outnumbered by the newcomers who came in and were turned off by the bugs and what not. Who knows, they might come back in time once MW3 and BF3 tires them out and they want something meatier.

Upvote 0
Honestly, first, it shouldn't have been RELEASED in this state to begin with, and secondly, you ought to know damned well by now that it is NOT peoples' computers or settings in most cases, but poor optimization!

I dissagree,
I have almost the same system but my graphics is a gtx 260.
Mine runs the game fine. I have a optimized system and have tweaked ro2.
Don't shout that your problem is everybodies problem.

Upvote 0
these are some of the absolute worst excuses as to why people arent playing this game. if this was activision or ea that made the game you would all be asking for the heads of the developers on a pole, but somehow TWI is immune to scrutiny.

no ones playing it because its a buggy mess. i've supported twi for years and years but have lost a great amount of respect for them after they released the game in the state it is now and let these problems persist for two months.

i know this seems like one extra person ranting about the same problems again, but i just hope that enough of these rants are read by TWI employees and that they finally become motivated enough to fix the game and include features that were promised to us for launch. and even then im not sure if ill ever be able to recommend TWI games to my friends ever again - i already have alot of upset people that cant run ro2 at all and are angry with me for convincing them to purchase it. you guys may have made bank with ro2's initial release but your reputation is taking a huge hit.

Upvote 0
unfortunately for me it's been a busy weekend. As the 2nd poster mentioned about the 25+ age bracket..I am 26 and my sister came into town with her new born baby, Skyrim came out and I got accepted into the SWTOR mmo beta so you can see where my time is..also I work weekends...

As I mentioned before I bought BF3 but really really dislike the game so RO2 is my shooter. However as busy as I am this weekend I will return. No fear. this game is AMAZING as i posted last week in a topic I made. I have no plans to go anywhere. RO2 is THE shooter IMO..nothing like it to date.

I do feel ur pain OP because at times there is a small number of players available and bots are...well bots..ANywho add me to steam if u need a partner or opponent. Vighorus

GG see yo in there!

Upvote 0