• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

one change i think would make hans' fight a little less easy

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
when hans' shield is broken, he gets completely knocked down. in my experience, this leaves SO much time for everyone to just lay into him... too much time, in my opinion. in general, hans is kind of a pushover, even on the higher difficulties.

i think instead of being knocked down when his shield breaks, he should just stumble. that's it really, i think he should stumble for a couple seconds and then go back into fighting mode. often times i find that when he gets knocked down from his shield breaking, he gets immediately knocked into his next healing phase because he was vulnerable for so long. so i guess not only should he stumble instead, but he also shouldn't stumble for anywhere near as long as he was knocked down for. i think what would make his fight interesting is the constant pressure, his stumble being a fleeting moment of respite.

i think it'd be extra interesting if he had a unique stumble animation, one where he stumbles back, shakes his head, and fans his arms out as he goes back into fighting mode.

that, and also i'd love for the quarterpounds to be removed from his fight on higher difficulties, they just feel... out of place in his fight, and more annoying than hard. i think this change would let hans keep the pressure on instead of the quarterpounds, making them redundant.

Maybe for normal and hard but suicide and hell on earth i would leave it. Having hans knocked down is a plus side, I play with random players who don`t read suggested skill level required for cretin levels of difficulties and fuks it all up, also if there is no support you have players running around for ammo crates which leads to early deaths for players who wont get close to knock hans down.

Maybe they can change it for PC players instead of console players because there is a huge difference in skill levels between the 2 platforms.

Upvote 0
Hans volter is the most balanced boss in the game, after he heals by sucking your blood he starts circling around and the zeds will not attack you for a short period of time to allow you to heal and be ready for the rest of the fight. And if you're playing in multiplayer then he usually switches targets. I do understand what you're saying about the knockdown but that would make solo fights against him much harder since the pressure is always on.
That way he will turn into another matriarch

Upvote 0
THIS

I'm late to the party, but I just wanted that I whole-heartedly agree. When Hans was first introduced, I was mad that you pretty much couldn't avoid his healing. Now though? I think the last time I actually got caught by Hans was because I was busy reloading...

It's so easy to bully the poor scientist as the moment... I don't get how and why people still think he's balanced. Yes, I guess he's the most fun and fair boss out of the bunch at the moment, but he's still on the underpowered side of things to me.

Upvote 0