• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

On Hackers

We are well aware of the hacks available.

I am sure you are aware of them, I hope that means something is also being done about it too...

I have not seen a game this badly hacked since CS:Source first came out, not blaming you guys at TWI, the Unreal Engine 3 has been out a while so the scum are quite well versed with it, and the nature of the game making it difficult to play, realistic recoil (except the overdone PPSH) the need to aim and lead a target, the need to be slow and patient, in fact all the things that make the game play great really frustrate the twitch players and so there are more cheats than normal in the game.

As I said earlier I hope you are investing some time in getting it sorted, or at least kicking PB and VAC's *** to earn their money

Upvote 0
VAC finds them eventually, can take several weeks though because it works in ban waves.

I'm beginning to believe that's a fairy tale.

To me it seems that all this anti cheat software attracts hackers because they can laugh their heads cuz it ain't working!

And if it does work they kick the good guys for Speed hack! derp!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
most of those faggots are playing with stolen cc

Steam accounts with games brought with stolen credit cards either get disabled after a very short time or won't work in the first place because of the security Valve use.

and/or stolen accounts.

Now that Steam has hardware locking and is on by default if Steam Guard was setup, stolen Steam accounts are now very rare.

At the very least they'll not use their main acc for this.
They'll barely lose anything.

But they'll still lose the $40 and if they want to play again, they will need to pay for the game again.

I have not seen a game this badly hacked since CS:Source first came out, not blaming you guys at TWI, the Unreal Engine 3 has been out a while so the scum are quite well versed with it, and the nature of the game making it difficult to play, realistic recoil (except the overdone PPSH) the need to aim and lead a target, the need to be slow and patient, in fact all the things that make the game play great really frustrate the twitch players and so there are more cheats than normal in the game.

Here in Australia I haven't found a single cheater, after spectating a large number of either high scoring or suspicious players. I know players are cheating in Australia on RO2 as one guy has been caught twice by PB and at least once by VAC lol. That said it is a rare thing in RO2 here in Australia, but there are plenty of players that cheat in CS:S in Australia, it's anything but rare in that game. Unlike CS:S (very much so) I haven't seen players, even the high scoring ones getting accused of cheating in RO2, so I'm not the only one who thinks cheating is rare at least in Australia.

I'd like to see some videos of these hackers you're seeing, because I've been trying without success. To give my videos some credibility, as videos can be easily faked, I've been using the unregistered version of PlayClaw. The unregistered version is free and produces a moving water mark on the video which will show any dubious editing. As well to ID the cheater, I open the Steam Overlay when the cheater dies and bring up their Steam Community home page and then continue to record them. If you don't use the Steam Overlay just open the Vote Kick list of players and make sure the cheater is on the list and then go back to recording them.

Upvote 0
Any efforts from you guys to get rid of hackers? I already saw cases that hack is confirmed.

Also, you simply google RO2 hack...
hopefully I got that much money to hire hackers to take those stupid sites down:mad:

Not that I dont doubt that there are probably a lot of hacks out there, but google results for hacks can often be deceptive. Nine times out of ten even for games with lots of hacks, chances are that the results are spyware that totally mess up the computer when you try to download it. It's just the nature of that scene, y'know? People who write hacks for competitive multiplayer games are already assholes by nature, so for them it's not a stretch to just offer malware as hacks. They already offer the tools to ruin other peoples day, so why not just ruin their day directly? And you also get the more righteously minded folks who want to dispense a little internet justice to the people trying to mess up their favorite games by offering malware advertised as hacks.

Of course I'm glad such stuff exists, it's delicious and poetic justice to hear guys crying about how they tried to download hacks and now their computer is all f-ed up. Serves em right.

I'm beginning to believe that's a fairy tale.

To me it seems that all this anti cheat software attracts hackers because they can laugh their heads cuz it ain't working!

And if it does work they kick the good guys for Speed hack! derp!

From what I've heard, the speed hack false positive stuff mostly occurs when playing with unreasonably high ping or other lag problems. Avoid playing on servers with high ping and fix any problems you have with an unstable internet connection and it shouldn't happen to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just fire up your favorite search engine with select keywords, there are quite a lot of them available - unfortunately. Commercial products, no less.

Which I have done before, compared to many other games there is very few. Which somewhat suggests that cheating isn't common, but YouTube videos are not a real indication of the amount of cheating going on in any game.

I'd like to see good videos to track these players and see if they are eventually detected by PB and/or VAC. I've done similar on CS:S and have over hundred demos over a year old of blatant aimbotters with no VAC ban. It would be good to compile a list of videos for this game too and to compare PB and VAC.

Upvote 0
Any efforts from you guys to get rid of hackers? I already saw cases that hack is confirmed.

Also, you simply google RO2 hack...
hopefully I got that much money to hire hackers to take those stupid sites down:mad:

Before this thread ends up in a slagfest, remember TWI are at the forefront of anti-cheater philosophy.

Irrespective of peoples thoughts regarding PB/VAC, this is the 'First' game that I have ever played that includes both systems, along with inbuilt hack detection (speedhack needs some latency detection :D).

Add that to the fact that TWI actively pursued the co-operation of pbbans.com (threads on the forums here somewhere),

Finally we have Devs/volunteers posting on this thread acknowledging said hacks.

Fifteen years of online gaming and I have yet to see a developer take the concept of cheating more seriously..

Well done TWI..

Upvote 0