• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ok, THIS bug takes the cake!

It continued for me the entire game. I've played since first day of DDE beta, and this has never happened to me before.

I was having something like this happen, but I realised I had unlocked the ability to use enemy weapons and it was defaulting to the wrong team's weapon. It doesn't sound like that is what happened to you, but I put it here just in case other hadn't noticed either, and thought they were having your bug.

In your situation, you might want to try spawning as a different class, then changing back after you die. I do remember a couple of occasions where I was sure I was being counted as an enemy, but wasn't. One time I spawned in the enemy spawn with their entire wave. I looked Russian to me, but all the Germans paid no attention to me... until I suddenly realised they were enemies and started to kill them.

I sometimes wonder if the game is actually rendering people as the wrong team sometimes and that is why so many TK's are happening. I once saw an enemy in a shadowy area. I was positive it was an enemy because of the rifle and helmet and so on... then after I shot him he fell out of the shadow and was clearly a Russian. This was another 20-30m shot, so distance wasn't an issue. I wasn;t looking for colour so the lighting wasn't an issue. It looked like he had a German helmet and a Mauser. Then he dies and has a Russian helmet and a Mosin.

Maybe I was seeing things, but it sure as hell looked like a German and I stared at it for several seconds to make sure.

It's gotten so that I don't shoot just based on what they look like. I have a vid on youtube where you see me staring at a enemy for several seconds down the sights of my MG34, but I don't fire because he's just standing there staring at me. When I realise he is definitely an enemy and fire, it's almost like he suddenly realised the same thing and fires back.

It was really surreal at the time because he was only about 30m away and we both saw each other clearly, but neither of us wanted to be the first one to shoot. At least it seemed that way.

It would crack me up if most of the TK's that people are blaming on noobs are actually a result of a bug. :p

Upvote 0