• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ok Dev team this is my Christmas wish list!

I don't know about that, if a tank gets hit like that I think the first thing going through the crew's mind if they survived is "GET THE HELL OUT!!" Once a tank is incapacitated like that the tank should be inoperable and the crew should have to bail. I say this mostly because fires and stuff are unpredictable especially in closed areas like the inside of a tank, and crews were probably taught to bail in the event of a catastrophic hull breach and/or fire.

Upvote 0
My List:

Captured weapons you can spawn with, like SvT for Stosstruppe, PPsH for Gruppenfuhrer, MP-40 for Avtomatchik and G43 for Sterlok-Avto, etc. (Oh, I miss that...)

Ability to change what round type you load in the middle of reloading in tanks.

StuG IIIG

Jagdpanzer 38(t)

Konigstiger

Weapon Jams (Oh, I miss that..)

Waffen-SS troops (Oh, I miss that...)

Camouflague for Heer and SS troops (Oh, I miss that...)

StuG Crew

Zis-5 Truck (Missed)

Sdfkz 222

Panzershreck

Flamethrowers/Molotovs

Grenade pistols/launchers (the Sturmpistole and grenade launcher for K98)

KV-2

KV-85

SU-100

That's it... not too long, is it?

Oh.. and the (Oh, I miss that..) is from stuff we added in the LSSAHmod (Oh, I miss that...)

Upvote 0
I would like to see a couple of things tweaked myself:

1. The hip carrying third person animations have to go. It's so static, and extremely silly looking. SMG's and Rifles are generally shouldered when moving at speeds slower than a sprint. Why has this gone on for so long?

2. The "shooting from the forehead" condition that some seem to notice, others don't. Yet, you "REALLY" notice it if you play even a half decent amount of Support/Machine Gunner. Rifles should fire from the rifles as they are presented in the third person perspective.

3. Animations for boarding, and shifting positions in a tank. If animations are too impractical, then simply implement a timer system based on the average times a comfortable tank crew and shift around in their vehicle. Allow the movements to be stopped by simply pressing the location of the current seat or, in terms of getting in and out of the tank, your "USE" key. This complex system should apply to "ANY" vehicle, not just tanks.

4. ...and didn't the PPSH family of weapons a "select fire" weapon? What's the deal with the "Automatic Only" option presented in RO? ...not to nit-pick, but I honestly figured this is somthing that would have been addressed with the patch maybe?

I have more nit-picks (guess I lied with the whole,"Not to nit-pick" bit), but, I am too tired to think of em' right now.

{WP}Paas

Upvote 0
Dheepan said:
The dev's said the ppsh they have in game is a later model which does not have selective fire. I wantedd that too :(

There are three models in game... PPD-40, PPSch41, and PPS-43.

From my limited sources, and knowledge (world.guns.ru to be exact; never claimed to be a WW2 weapons nut...), the PPD-40 is up for grabs; no solid info. The PPSch41 was a select fire weapon. The PPS-43 was a Automatic only variant.

Considering that the game spans multiple years of the war, wouldn't it be safe to assume that any PPSch41 would still be a select fire weapon; unless it's presented on later maps?

{WP}Paas

Upvote 0
Dheepan said:
Well the ppsh got more and more simple to produce, as the war went as there about 6million of them made. So it lost the selector early on I think. So the dev's didn't bother with it. Besides what's the point of having a selective fire pistol round?

What's the point of the PPD in that case. By Barbarossa, the PPD was almost completely taken out of service.

And select fire is useful for when you need to make your shots count. That last magazine.

Upvote 0